Lifter options

-
Is there any thing to keep in mind if I put solid lifters on a hydraulic flat tappet cam or does the cam even care?
I am not a cam expert, that being said I believe the main difference is in the lobe profile.
The ramp rates determines how quick the lifter opens the valve, this can be an issue as some lifters can not tolerate the faster ramps. There is also part of the lobe that is the take up ramp where the valve is taken off the seat this is very differant on Hyd vs solid cams.
Have your cam reground to a solid profile?
Food for thought

The Internet, always making **** harder than it has to be. The problem is, that most dummies don't see a cam lobe and understand it's design complexity, they just see the shape of an egg, because they have some of those in the fridge..

Why would you even consider doing that in the first place..
It was a random thought. Which is why I’m bouncing it off the knowledgable and trust worthy folks on this forum

It was a random thought. Which is why I’m bouncing it off the knowledgable and trust worthy folks on this forum
The fact they they make two different grinds, should have told you all you needed to know.

If this is going to be used on the street, there are more choices in hyd lifter cams to choose from & so dial in the desired cam specs.

The Lunati Micro Trol lifters are good and also some of the Iskys. As long as they have the heavy duty snap ring retainer I wouldn't worry about using them. Proper break in is the key.

These cam and lifter threads are really becoming boringly monotonous.

-
Back