Lifter snap-rings

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number or vendor for a lifter snap-ring? The wire ones seem to be just strong enough to hold them together in the box, plus I lost 2 of them when I was cleaning them :-(

?? Year,Engine, Roller ??
Thx

p.s,
I, the great engine god have --- NEVER --- lost any :)
hahahahahahahahahaha

I saw a snap ring assortment at Pep boys today in the fastener/help aisle.

I have a set of lifters from a 440 marine engine that was going to go to scrap if you want them I can pull them.

Cool, just what I couldnt find...(?) thanks
plain old LA MP hydros filled with cam lobe shavings.....so Im cleaning them.

If there is cam lobe shavings at a minimum you need to replace the cam and all lifter.

Why the lifters when Im cleaning them? Complete teardown to the check ball. Im not reusing the cam, and an old machine shop I know has the lifter refacer adapter on his valve grinder. ;-)

Then you can reuse the hell outta them. Look dude, just go to a GOOD hardware store with a bare lifter body. They can match you up with the correct snap rings. They don't have to be anything real high dollar or made from unobtanium to work. All they have to do is fit the groove and fit tightly enough so they will not come out. Over and done.

I think 'good' is the key word here. My first one had them in sizes that straddled what I needed, will go to better one this sat. I didnt mic them yet, just an eyeball but it was clear first didnt have the correct size.

If you want I can pull the wire ones. They are going to the scrap heap soon. Just pay the ride.

cool, will do! Crower snap rings were Chevy solid (weird shape) and hydro (circular). They said they couldnt guarantee fitting the larger .904 Mopar lifter.

-
Back