Lifter Valley Baffle Question

-

Duane

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to use either the moroso or the Milodon lifter valley baffle with modification on a roller lifter engine.
Neither model is for use on a roller lifter as stated by the manufacturer, but I was contemplating to try to use one with modification.
Anyone have success with this.

are you trying to keep hot oil off the intake? This is what I did 1/8" thick phenolic plate. Sits on the end valley walls. Glue it with sealer. Takes the place if cork end seals

image.jpg

are you trying to keep hot oil off the intake? This is what I did 1/8" thick phenolic plate. Sits on the end valley walls. Glue it with sealer. Takes the place if cork end seals

View attachment 1715101181
Well that's different. Never seen that before. Yes just trying to keep the hot oil off the intake. What do you mean by phenolic.
Can you explain what that material is in more detail ?

phenolic is ......wood. Well its really a high tech laminate made of resin and wood pulp. I bet the Moroso was afraid of the taller roller lifters.

Looks like it will seal the china walls with a drop of RTV at the corners but not the obvious voids under the heat risers, looks like a splash shield not a lifter valley seal.

I haven't run one with the solid rollers, but you could benift still even if you trimmed each side over the lifters off. You'll keep the cam from flinging hot oil directly onto the bottom of it.

I haven't run one with the solid rollers, but you could benift still even if you trimmed each side over the lifters off. You'll keep the cam from flinging hot oil directly onto the bottom of it.
Yes this is what I am hoping to be able to do.
Just wondered if anyone else has done it successfully.

You can buy phenolic in sheets. I'm not sure if there are different kinds, but the sheet I used is glass reinforced sheet. Has high thermal resistance and high wear resistance. I got it from a friend that works at a company that uses it for sliding bearing surface. I use sealer under and on top at the front and back china walls. It doesnt seal under the intake ports. My heat cross over has been milled off the bottom of the intake and I can't remember if it was still there it would hit the plate. I didn't want to completely seal it. The air in the space would heat and expand maybe cause issues. One real benefit no more blown out cork gaskets. It never leaks front or back.

I'm with RRR, i have only ever seen oil baffles installed down in the lifter valley, and i have only seen that on one SB mopar ever in person.
seatcovers-large-jpg.jpg

-
Back