Lil video about the swap

-

CurtDawg510

Reaction score

Heres a lil youtube video i made... its kinda crappy video, but all my friends should i should put out a lil info for the people learnin

Anyone got any questions, just ask

Cant wait for the video of it runnin down the street sideways!

LMAO, and I thought I cursed a lot.... LOL!

Thanks for the videos!!!

If your using stock steering column you might want to check the steering shaft / coupler clearance to the headers . I did a 5.9 swap which I know is not quite the same as you're doing but after I installed the motor I had to beat the piss out of the 5 and 7 tubes for clearance . Had I known ahead of time I could have done a better job . By the way nice work .

A know a guy who ordered a customized steering column from Flaming river to fit his ‘67/8/9 Valiant with the above drivetrain set up.

So steering coulmn... i ground down that slip coupler to clear header... i havent chopped down the end of the column yet, where it will hit the drivers ... but im ready to when i put interior back together...

Engine is just a 2018 6.4 SRT engine... took the MDS crap out and put in a nice cam...but its gettin ran by the crate engine computer setup

Grind down the coupler you say , who'd a thunk it . Man do I feel stupid for not thinking of that . Good to know

Grind down the coupler you say , who'd a thunk it . Man do I feel stupid for not thinking of that . Good to know

Ya, the stock coupler was pretty meaty to begin with... i didnt take too much off...
Ill try to jump on installing column maybe by this long weekend... ill let you kno how the final fitment goes

Are you using a challenger 6 spd? Did you order any kits from silversport or did you piece everything together? Thanks Dustin

Thanks Curt I appreciate you answering my questions. Admire your build and fab skills. Look forward to the next video. Dustin

Thanks Curt I appreciate you answering my questions. Admire your build and fab skills. Look forward to the next video. Dustin

Thank you!! It was alot of research, thinkin, and fabbin
Ill try to make another video when the whole engine bay is done... then gotta do a first start video too!! Lol
Hopefully they are both soon!!!

-
Back