Line Lock- Quality?

MOPARMAGA

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just because it's a Chinese copy doesn't mean its junk necessarily but we did get the word "junk" from the Chinese boat " junk boat" & that's some funny ****.

TT5.9mag

Two atmospheres are better than one
Reaction score
I’ve had two of the jegs brand line locks (not sure who makes them but they are most certainly rebranded) on my truck since 2003. Thousands of on/offs and never a hiccup.

BVoelzke

Reaction score
I haven’t used one for years. Just put my foot on the brake, spin the motor up real quick, and drive out after I get smoke.
Just something to go bad
I have had a Hurst one in my Dart for over 35 years without a problem, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Biondo if I needed another one, good unit and good customer support

Biomedtechguy

Reaction score
Biondo if I needed another one, good unit and good customer support
I've read "Biondo" in at least 3 posts in this thread, all good comments.
I haven't heard of Biondo, ever, but obviously that's my lack of experience.
I don't remember who made my line lock, but I know it's nothing "special". I've had it installed for a year and a half, but unfortunately no time to go to the track, and barely any time to drive my car, BUT I am aware that my "free time" has been none to very little, and that's having a negative impact on my physical and mental health.
The point is that I have had too many things that demanded my time, and I let "her" know that I need to do some things for myself...lol.
Whatever made me buy the one I got for the 65 GTO, I got the same kind for my Roadrunner, and I should be able to use it soon, even if it's on the deserted roads where I live to start out. I wasn't aware of any specific or special characteristics I could even look for to decide what makes one kit better than another!

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’ve never personally had one go bad in 45 years of racing but on the duster I gave my son his went bad around five years ago. With radials he just slips his foot off the brakes and floors it. Works for him. I put my powerglide in high, count to three, and I’m out of there.

Biomedtechguy

Reaction score
I would "guess" that any water contamination in the brake fluid could rust the solenoid and/or block orifice(s) with "chunks" of solids or precipitates.

B3422w5

Reaction score
I’ve never personally had one go bad in 45 years of racing but on the duster I gave my son his went bad around five years ago. With radials he just slips his foot off the brakes and floors it. Works for him. I put my powerglide in high, count to three, and I’m out of there.

I do what your son does, never use a line lock

Biomedtechguy

Reaction score
With a manual transmission, going without a line lock AND having enough power to need a well heated and "cleaned" tire makes it difficult.
I've tried just spinning and that doesn't impart enough heat, and doing the two foot, 3 pedal boogie is just too difficult.

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
With a manual transmission, going without a line lock AND having enough power to need a well heated and "cleaned" tire makes it difficult.
I've tried just spinning and that doesn't impart enough heat, and doing the two foot, 3 pedal boogie is just too difficult.

If you would put it in third gear, rev it up, and dump the clutch you might be surprised.

SpeedThrills

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I finally got back to this problem.
I took the old one apart. I didn't see anything obvious.
However, as I was re-installing it, I noticed that I had the "in" line on one of the outlets. (The "out" line was correct.) Duh. Nope. After correcting it, same thing. Oh, the inlet/outlets weren't marked, and I guess I brain farted installing it.
I also tried what I read somewhere, that, some line locks need the button pushed after pushing the brake. No luck there, either.
So I bought another one. It looks the same as the original, but is from another company. (Still Chinese.) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BC1F11H/?tag=fabo03-20 After reading all of the replies on here, I figured it's a crapshoot as to what will work. As such, the one I bought is the same design as the first one, so I wouldn't have to re-plumb the lines.
Bottom line: It works. If I were to do it from scratch, I'd probably try a Biondo. I wonder if they're China-made?

Josh owen

Bang em till it breaks
Reaction score
I have the same one as originally posted. Works fine no issues at all bought my dad a hurst one still no issues I bought the budget one and its virtually identical

Phreakish

Reaction score
I finally got back to this problem.
I took the old one apart. I didn't see anything obvious.
However, as I was re-installing it, I noticed that I had the "in" line on one of the outlets. (The "out" line was correct.) Duh. Nope. After correcting it, same thing. Oh, the inlet/outlets weren't marked, and I guess I brain farted installing it.
I also tried what I read somewhere, that, some line locks need the button pushed after pushing the brake. No luck there, either.
So I bought another one. It looks the same as the original, but is from another company. (Still Chinese.) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BC1F11H/?tag=fabo03-20 After reading all of the replies on here, I figured it's a crapshoot as to what will work. As such, the one I bought is the same design as the first one, so I wouldn't have to re-plumb the lines.
Bottom line: It works. If I were to do it from scratch, I'd probably try a Biondo. I wonder if they're China-made?

upload_2022-9-8_8-19-3.png