Linkage rubbing fuel tube

-

rod7515

Reaction score
2083AE86-8CFF-4CF9-A74F-FFF0B0D2EF4A.jpeg

above is a pic from my Holley 600 with vacuum secondaries. I bought a pair of theses carbs from a member here over a year ago and I’m finally getting around to rebuilding them for my tunnel ram on my 408. The throttle lever on the inside is rubbing the bowl transfer tube when the linkage is opened and closed. Why is this happening and should I trim that back? It’s not something that I will need but it shouldn’t rub like this. I tried to post a video but apparently this sight doesn’t allow videos to be added like a normal photo. I didn’t check whether it rubbed before I took the carb apart and I haven’t pulled the other carb out of the box to check it yet. Anyone have any ideas?
I’ll have many more questions as I move forward with this tunnel ram.
Thanks Rod

Are the bowls on backwards ?
It appears the feed line is on the linkage side .

They are close. I would give it a little tweak with pliers. Mopar's don't use that lever anyway

600 holley.jpg

Van Gogh it and move on. I never knew what 90% of the crap on a Holley linkage was for, anyway.

Thanks guys. I was thinking the same thing. I knew it wasn’t used in my application but I hate to cut because if you sell it someone may need it. I’ll just give it a tweak.
Thanks Rod

They sell hard line to move it to the other side. Looks like this:

upload_2021-7-10_9-50-30.png

Assuming small block, it would put it on the fuel pump side of the engine.

It the Ford throttle pressure linkage. Kim

Holy crap! I never knew!
How about a diagram for the rest of them, and how to install that stupid Mopar linkage adapter thingie, too?

Holy crap! I never knew!
How about a diagram for the rest of them, and how to install that stupid Mopar linkage adapter thingie, too?

You can see the bolts here. PS, the slotted lever is not adjusted properly. The rear of the slot should be touching the pin at idle.
Mopar kickdown linkage.jpeg

kickdown adapter2.jpg

-
Back