List of suitabale donor cars with 8 3/4 or 8 1/4 rear ends?

-

MRGTX

Reaction score
Does anyone know where one might find such a list? In New England, old A-bodies (and other 60's and 70's Mopars) are rarer than hen's teeth...

I have heard that some Rams have 8 3/4... what about 80's Diplomats and Furys? Any vans?

Thanks so much for any help!!

I know that the early 90's Dakotas have 8.25. And unless I am wrong, wouldn't be the first time, the spring perches are in the right spot for darts, dusters, etc. You would just have to get 5 lug, 29 spline axles or 6 lug wheels.

My brother is looking at taking a rear end from a 2000 Durango and putting it in place of his 8.25 on his 92 Dakota. The Durangos rear is a 9.25 but as far as we can tell without tearing down his truck, the measurements are the same on it as his 8.25.

Hope this helps.:thumbup:

Does anyone know where one might find such a list? In New England, old A-bodies (and other 60's and 70's Mopars) are rarer than hen's teeth...

I have heard that some Rams have 8 3/4... what about 80's Diplomats and Furys? Any vans?

Thanks so much for any help!!

There are approximately 15 A-body vehicles (67-76) at Ferreas (Spelling??) Junkyard in Carver, MA. No idea what they have under them but if Carver is not to far for you worth a check.

I had a list of actual cars but I can't find it. Maybe this will help, Walt:thumbup:

PS there are no copyrights on this material.!!!!!

You guys are the best!! Thanks.

Mapquesting Carver, MA right now!

Which model/year jeeps have this +1" 8 1/4"? That would still work, right? It seems that the rear axle on the A-bodies is oddly a narrower track than the front anyway. Does this affect wheel choices?

Thanks for that chart... this is a huge help!! :D

There are approximately 15 A-body vehicles (67-76) at Ferreas (Spelling??) Junkyard in Carver, MA. No idea what they have under them but if Carver is not to far for you worth a check.

I can't find them in the yellow pages (internet) nor are they coming up with a google search. Are you sure that's what the place is called?

Never mind...I found them and talked to some nice old guy on the phone. They're 130 miles away from me and they have no idea what they have in stock... so I would have to walk through the yard to see what they have. He couldn't even tell me which models of cars they had. :(

If I knew they had the right part I would probably do it... but without knowing, its a pretty big risk.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

You are a Dart Sport right?
I don't know but I think in a junk yard you are as likely to find a Diplomat or Aspen with an 8 1/4 as anything else.
I'm thinking 120 bucks max. Then all you have to do is the mod I sent ya.
Look around for a cop car. It has one for sure.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=25537

That's a B body 8 1/4? Looks too wide by the chart then.
If it was an A body for 100 then good deal if what you want.
Can't go wrong. Maybe axel seals. They don't usually go bad.
But for something else, you want something around 54 1/4 flange to flange. Less ok but not much more.
I am running 15 inch tires with heavy springs and that Dip. rear. Works good.

-
Back