List Of What Cars Are Made in the USA. (And Where)

-

seabee

Reaction score
Saw quite a bit of confusion in another thread about where cars are being made these days. Did some digging and found this and thought others might find it interesting too. It is a list of Cars made in the USA, and also breaks it down to where their engines and transmissions are made as well.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/06/19/automobiles/20090619-auto-plants-4.html

Didn't realize Mustang Manual transmissions are made in China or that a Honda Pilot is entirely USA (Engine, Trans, and assembly).

The "formerly known as imports" (Toy, Honday, Nissan, etc) might be ASSEMBLED here but I take issue that they should be considered MADE here. Even if some / most of the panels are forged/ stamped here, the design, engineering, and big money reverts to the mother country.

Assembled in Canada
Acura MDX
Acura ZDX
Chevrolet Camaro
Chevrolet Equinox
Chevrolet Impala
Chrysler 300
Chrysler Town & Country
Dodge Challenger
Dodge Charger
Dodge Grand Caravan
Ford Edge
Ford Flex
GMC Terrain
Honda Civic sedan and coupe, Civic sedan and coupe Si
Lexus RX350
Lincoln MKT
Lincoln MKX Toyota Corolla
Toyota Matrix
Toyota RAV4
Volkswagen Routan
Assembled in Mexico

Cadillac Escalade EXT
Cadillac SRX
Chevrolet Avalanche
Chevrolet Aveo
Chevrolet HHR
Chevrolet Silverado and Silverado Hybrid
Dodge Journey
Fiat 500
Ford Fiesta
Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid
GMC Sierra, Sierra Hybrid and Sierra Crew Cab
Honda CR-V
Lincoln MKZ and MKZ Hybrid
Nissan Sentra
Nissan Versa
Ram 2500/3500/4500/5500
Toyota Tacoma
Saab 9-4X
Volkswagen Jetta/Jetta SportWagen

The "formerly known as imports" (Toy, Honday, Nissan, etc) might be ASSEMBLED here but I take issue that they should be considered MADE here. Even if some / most of the panels are forged/ stamped here, the design, engineering, and big money reverts to the mother country.
I'm with you, bruther!

Cool. Maybe Mother Countries can buy more of our debt and keep us afloat for awhile longer.

See ya in the political forums.......

So which is the lessor of 2 evils?
1. Just importing an assembled vehicle.
2. Building a bunch of plants here, hiring 1000s of workers, buying various parts, shipping those parts to the plants, building the car and then shipping it to the dealer or a port for export.

How come Dodge builds all of the Heavy Duty Rams in Mexico??

Ain't trying to pick a fight, just curious.

Plymouth Duster

unionized - no
engine - Pennsylvania
transmission - Michigan
assembled - Pittsburgh PA/Findlay OH

:thumblef:

-
Back