Local Cruise With Pictures

-

Mopower71

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Went to a local cruise last night,
Had a good time, talked to a few people.
Demon is leaking a small amount of anti freeze from the thermostat housing. It is a new one, thicker base, and the dang thing still leaks.
It's also leaking a bit of oil, drips on the oil pan, on the k frame, and back towards the transmission.
Also, the right rear tire is rubbing the fender, and is peeling rubber off. It is closer to the top on the right side than on the left. Sounds bad when I go over a bump. Then you can smell the burnt rubber in the car. I did just fill the fuel tank up full for the first time, So, all the weight from the fuel, plus the 3 kids in the back make it sit lower. I'll have to swap out one of the leaves on the passenger side, for a better one.
I also know where a bunch of Dusters ended up. More Mopars at the cruise than anything else.

The leak at thermostat housing might be through those bolt threads instead of that gasket.

Here's a few pictures from the Cruise.
I have to say, My car was the worst looking car there.
My 8 year old daughter was in charge of taking the pictures tonight.
I think she did a really good job.

Cuda Notch.jpg

Cuda Vert.jpg

Dart charger.jpg

DartSport.jpg

Duster BB.jpg

RR at cruise.jpg

Twisted.jpg

Demon at Cruise.jpg

It appears to be leaking out the side of the gasket, But I will seal the threads on the bolts next time I take it apart.
Really need to find the exact place the oil is leaking from. There are some nice oil spots in the driveway now from where I parked it last night for it to cool before putting it away.

Awesome pics! Is your thermostat housing chrome? I have always had problems with them leaking. I ended up taking mine off and ruffing up the surface on the bottom then used some "right-stuff" sealer as my gasket. No leaks anymore!

I was quite shocked to see all the Mopars.
I figured it would be a Chevy cruise.
Out of the 20 plus cars, there was 2 Barracudas, 1 Road Runner, 1 Dart Sport, 1 Charger, 1 Demon, 3 Dusters.
3 Camaros, 1 27 T, 1 late 30's Pontiac, 1 GTO, 1 Chevy Truck,3 Mustangs, 1 Pinto, 1 Corvette.
I don't recall the rest

Thank you for sharing. I like those first 2 pics of the cuda's and I especially love the 69 green swinger...What a beautiful car.......I really wish I had a 69 Dart...

Great pics! Thanks for posting. I think your daughter has a great camera "eye". Tell her thanks for the great pics!!

Awesome pics! Is your thermostat housing chrome? I have always had problems with them leaking. I ended up taking mine off and ruffing up the surface on the bottom then used some "right-stuff" sealer as my gasket. No leaks anymore!
Yes, it is a chrome one. It has a thicker base than the previous one, and I was hoping it would solve the leak. Until recently it hadn't leaked.
Time to drain the system again, and get a new gasket. I'll scuff it up if I haven't already done that.
Then I have to find where the oil is coming from. Could be the rear breather on the valve cover. It needs an evac system. Doesn't have a PCV valve, just 4 valve cover breathers.

-
Back