Locking Small Block Dip Stick

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
There used to be a member here that sold small block locking dip sticks on this site. Does anyone have any information?? He was an engine builder also. Thanks Jeff

That's a new one on me.

I've honestly considered just putting a npt plug in mine and installing sight glasses in the pan.

Well own one and wish I had purchased several. He also made hydraulic roller lifters.

on some engines extended operation at high RPM can cause oil/pressure to push the dipsticks up or out completely, even with proper venting.

my solution was to braze a small washer to the tube and drill a hole in the handle loop to install a small spring. with a small rubber o-ring on the stick it was snug and did not leak.

certainly not as trick, but it worked.

Yep, and he quit producing or procuring stuff cuz no one was buying.. Just like every other latest item, the bah humbugs all gather round and tell us how much better the old technology was all while they are bitching about the lack of new tech for the mopar community.

Had that issue on my BB Ford FE. I just bent it a lil at the top to provide a bit more friction on the tube... no more dipstick wandering for over a decade now.

I wonder if Mike is still in business. I'm currently running a set of his lifters in my 408 along with the locking dip stick.

Last edited:
I wonder if Mike is still in business. I'm currently running a set of his lifters in my 408 along with the locking dip stick.
No, he hung it up years ago

I think I'm running one of his last builds in my duster

-
Back