Lokar Hand Parking Brake

-

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've got a Lokar hand parking brake with all the accessories and I've been debating on how to do the install.

Here are the two ways it can be installed:

1. Mounted to the floor with a hole cut through. The handle hangs down about an inch to an inch and a half.
100_4182.JPG

2. Make a small bracket and have the cables inside the car and exit just under the rear seat. Most modern cars are like this now.
P1000840.jpg

P1000842.jpg

Either way I'd have to have some metal cut. The first one would need a piece cut out and welded underneath for strength and the second one would need the bracket.

Let me know what you think and why....

Thanks,

Riddler

I almost didn't want to say anything but out of the 3 that we installed in cars they all broke within the first year. Several problems,button hangs up, ratchet broke, and they all seemed to over center if pulled too hard. This was a few years ago when I was working for a hot rod shop. They may be better now. I do like your box set up. Much better as mounting on the tunnel it will be too low and really doesn't fit the hump without shiming anyway.

Not a real good choice, I almost said something in your build thread.
My buddy took his out after about a year and smashed it with a sledge hammer, total junk.
He now uses his line-loc for a e-brake.

my old Dodge D400 had a hand lever parking brake mount roughly where the pull handle is on A bodies. The neat thing about it was that it had an adjuster on it, just a twist cap on the end of the handle, that was pretty sweet. It looked kinda clunky hanging from below the dash, but mounted between the seats wouldn't look too bad at all. I'm wondering now if that could be adapted without too much fab work. hmmm
I'm sure the smaller trucks had the same thing. -pauly

View attachment truck.jpg

How did this come out? And for all parties involved who has one of these, how are they holding up?

-
Back