Long Rear Shock Part Number Needed

-

71GSSDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am looking for help with a part number for a rear shock for the Demon. I have the 002 spring on both sides as of current and need a shock with approximately 25" extention length. Anyone have ideas?

Part numbers are different for every manufacturer. Are you looking for a stock Mopar # ?
Otherwise you need to remove the shocks and jack up the car from the chassis and let the axle hang free. Measure.
Next. With the car on the ground, either load the trunk or get some big friends to push down on the rear bumper until the car sits on the bottoming stoppers. Measure again.
Now you have the exact numbers. Now you can check with the different shock companies of your choice and check their shock catalogs for extended and collapsed applications or call their tech depts.

Thanks guys. I guess I was wondering if people had the part number of ones used in similar set ups. The shocks are at 21" static height. I read SS springs there should be at least 4" extention and theses spring don't compress much. I will measure the other way and see what I find.

Mopar Performance Drag Racing Rear Shock Absorber

I believe these are 24 inches long and they are made for A-Bodies with Super Stock springs
Per Jegs below. Do you have these personally? Seems to be a conflict in extension length.

1674823806476.png

These seem like they will be the right ones for me.

1674823900176.png

I am looking for help with a part number for a rear shock for the Demon. I have the 002 spring on both sides as of current and need a shock with approximately 25" extention length. Anyone have ideas?

Dont remember the part number , but I have a new set boxed up in the garage , I had them on my 68 fast back , and never drove it with them on . I got a super seal on a complete cal trac system and pulled them back off.......if your interested .

Dont remember the part number , but I have a new set boxed up in the garage , I had them on my 68 fast back , and never drove it with them on . I got a super seal on a complete cal trac system and pulled them back off.......if your interested .
a new set of what shocks? possibly interested depending on lengths

-
Back