Longer rear break hose available?

-

dart_68

Reaction score
I replacing the rear brake hose and the one I ordered is too short. I'm working on a 73 Duster with an 8.25 rear axle and when the rear suspension is fully extended the new hose is way to short. I'd say 3-4 inches too short. I've looked at hoses online for other cars and there are different part nos. even though the hoses look the same. Only thing is they don't give the length of the hose.

What vehicle should I order for in order to get a longer hose?

IIRC

There is one hose for vent on side of hump 69 / 70 something and older and one for vent on the tube 69 / 70 something and newer.

One is longer than the other. As for 8 1/4 I assume it would be samse as 69 / 70 something and newer but we all know what happens when we *** U ME!

Everything I just looked at says that all are about 14.5 long 67 to 76

Have to ask... Are you sure you are routing it correctly?

Are you testing with shocked on or off.

Last edited:
Dorman #H10304 is 17" long, which is about 3" longer than a stock hose

Update....

I checked on Raybestos web site and the length of the hose is 14.5". The hose I have is JUST shy of that. Either way it was still too short. However, there is an exhaust/muffler hanger mount about 3" below the mounting point for the hose. I ended up using that point to mount the hose bracket and now there is a little slack in the hose at full suspension extension and it's not touching the exhaust pipe.

I want to thank you for your replies!

BTW, here's a shot of the new S60 rear end -
S60.jpg

-
Back