look no hands

-

hooks2u

Reaction score
Hi everyone my name is chuck but everybody calls me hooks because I'm an upper double amputee, I am starting this thread to show my 72 duster drag car I'm trying to build, I've been racing a friends car for the past 4 years and want my own car lol
now for the car, its a 72 that I have fully gutted and putting a cage in I've been working on it and buying parts for the past 2 years, I had a 400 block machined and a steel 440 crank machined and everything ready to build a 451 but someone else decided to steal everything so now I have find this stuff again, cops can't get any leads so its gone I guess :banghead: anyway I've started back doing the body work till I can save up money for a motor again. sometime in the future I'll show u some pics of me racing it but for now it'll be pics of body work and cage install maybe rear work.

Attachments

• 72 Duster 015.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,390
  • 72 Duster 001.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,429
  • 72 Duster 017.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,409
Damn now this is cool. Awesome work.

Welcome to the site! Can't wait to see more pics. Its nice to see you havent let lifes hardships bring you down and your able to do what you love. This is inspiring. Keep up the good work.

That sucks about the engine... The bastages will get what they deserve..

But good job.. and Rock on with the work you can complete :headbang:

Hey hooks! Welcome aboard,and really sucks about your engine parts. People suck...

I've got M.S,and somebody stole my snowblower back in
Nov,just so I wouldnt be able to shovel out. I know how you feel. Hopefully Karma will pull through for you and your car will get done,plus the thieves will suffer if there is any justice.THIEVES SUCK and deserve zero clemency.

There are still lot's of 400's left. You should be able to get a replacement.

I HATE thieves!!!!! had someone break into my shed a few years ago and make off with a bunch of new tool's
and I bet they stole your block and crank for scrap !

Welcome to this great site hooks2u :)
Like said before the thieves will get there just deserves and more!!
Keep on Keeping on I see is in your hart :heart:and mind :notworth:
enjoy this great site :) and keep us updated :wav:

Anyone living close to this guy? We should help him out..

again thankyou very much for the welcomes as for letting the thieves kill my dream NEVER, NEVER ,NEVER lol karma's a ***** and they will get theirs, I was just hoping to race this season but maybe next. I'll keep up with pics as I work on the car.

dont hesitate to ask questions around here. there are lifetimes of experience at your service and people ready and willing to help

Welcome Chuck :salute:...Look forward to following your build. I'm partial to 72 Dusters (Only because that happens to be what I own. lol). Me and my daughters are building ours for local cruises some weekend strip action.

Pat

Welcome! You just motivated me to get back out to my driveway, and push on with my project, so I'm doing that once I send this reply. I'll be following your build, for sure.

Welcome! You just motivated me to get back out to my driveway, and push on with my project, so I'm doing that once I send this reply. I'll be following your build, for sure.
Thats cool buddy!! I'm glad I inspired you:glasses7:

Hooks, welcome from the great state of Texas. I believe you are an inspiration to a lot of people. I know some who just let their infirmaties get them down and they don't get back up. Keep doing what you are doing, and keep us posted.

Welcome Hooks,...Firm believer in karma,...you keep doin what yer doin...says ya joined in 09,...where ya been?

Welcome aboard Hooks. I think you'll enjoy your time here. This site is loaded with great people and a ton of knowledge. Good luck with your build.

-
Back