look no hands

-
a word to the wise, Don't stand on wet ground and weld on a car:afro: not thinking I put my knee on the metal and zap I'm dancing around cussing so the car is back under plastic today lol

The ladies will line up if they knew you offered free hair curling..:blob:

Well yes,but just a minor one. You will see a seam with a fat lip inside the tranny tunnel/bell housing area.Just fold that lip up,it will help with clearance when installing.

lip is folded and done, I'm feeling the life come back into this car everyday:burnout:

hooks you are a piece of inspiration for sure! keep the updates coming!

and stop zapping yourself with the welder,have done it many times and it wont start feeling more right nomather how many times you try it :) same goes for zapping yourself with MSD ignitions.

Hooks,
If you are going to put a trans cover on you may have to cut some of the floorboard out and raise it up a few inches. When I installed my BB 727 with a CSR trans shield my trans case was hitting the floor and the lip that was mentioned in the thread earlier. I was able to just beat the floorboard up a little bit to have the case clear. I have not ran the car down the track yet so I don't know if it will hit during heavy torque . Due to the way the trans shield is mounted, I had to drill out 4 1 inch holes on the trans hump on the floor board so I could get to the allen head bolts with a socket and extension. It looks rough but I'll throw a piece of sound deadener on it to cover it up. Here is a picture of the trans shield that I used.
Good luck with you project and hope to meet you at VMP someday.
AJ

170-836.jpg

7314205474_9a63f959d0.jpg

Hi AJ
Thanks for the heads up cause I'll prob have to cut holes myself to make it easier on me. I'm sure we'll meet up at vmp you won't be able to miss me I stand out like a soar thumb lol

it was nice talking with you Artie I'll see you sunday, oh and I talked to the guy with the trans and he said he won't be home till monday so I won't be coming up there with it.

has anyone here used rods or crankshafts from a company out of dallas tx called ADEPTperformanceproducts???

I looked at there web site looks like a lot of Chevy and ford parts :wack:I have had good luck with 440 source good prices and there all mopar:prayer:......Artie

I took a long trip up to see artie (godfatherofchry) yesterday that was a great ride up, I went the back way to see what cars were left in peoples back yards and such, got to see some pretty interesting things and some out of this world prices lol
I met artie and his son, very good people and artie gave me a 400 short block with a 509 cam, I really appreciate it big time artie :prayer::D I enjoyed checking out your cars oh and those solid mounts are at the machine shop today lol

ok I'm trying to post some pics of the motor so I can ask a question but I can't find the stupid camera's usb wire so the pic will have to come this afternoon when my daughter comes home.

But I'll ask the question anyway, how far down is a piston in the bore of a 400 because this motor the pistons are flat with no valve relives and at TDC this piston is around .080 down, is that about right or has something been done???

here some pics of the motor

Attachments

• 72 Duster 061.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 288
  • 72 Duster 063.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 290
  • 72 Duster 065.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 298
That Darth Vader Tranny shield is a real MF. My tranny tunnel is sliced and spliced to clear. Tried to get the motor to mate up to it in place, but there was no way besides those drilled holes. I eventually bolted the motor and tranny together as a unit, cut off the radiator support and it went in from the front. Then I made the radiator supports a bolt up, so it can come and go the same way again.

ok I'm trying to post some pics of the motor so I can ask a question but I can't find the stupid camera's usb wire so the pic will have to come this afternoon when my daughter comes home.

But I'll ask the question anyway, how far down is a piston in the bore of a 400 because this motor the pistons are flat with no valve relives and at TDC this piston is around .080 down, is that about right or has something been done???

My 400 has flat tops with valve reliefs. Maybe yours have been replaced? Since mine is locked up I can't tell how far in the hole they'd be but for the most part .060-.080 in the hole is about the norm on smog era Mopars. Real low compression in other words.

Ha! Awesome man. Cary on! Looking forward to more on this build. Sorry, can't help with the engine.

Keep it up, Cap'n!

Wow! talk about how much we take for granted.

Enjoying the progress Mr. hooks, and would love to see some action video of you doing your thing with those bad *** hooks man.

This build needs to be in a magazine with one hell of a write up.

I actually know a guy that I can contact that loves Mopars and especially interesting stories such as yours.

Wow! talk about how much we take for granted.

Enjoying the progress Mr. hooks, and would love to see some action video of you doing your thing with those bad *** hooks man.

This build needs to be in a magazine with one hell of a write up.

I actually know a guy that I can contact that loves Mopars and especially interesting stories such as yours.

WOW now that would be awesome:cheers:

I went and picked up that trans today that guy looked and thought the pistons have been changed

dam hooks your not getting much help on this.mybe you could get more ansers on the B body form?...Artie

I answered but I guess it wasn't sufficient? Is it really that important anyway since he's building a 451 out of it? No way could he use stock pistons with a 440 crank even if they are .080 in the hole. The B-body board might very well get more answers cause they never used a 400 in an A-body but they did in B-bodies.

-
Back