-

Eddie348

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for 340 from a 69 Dart GTS Convertible. Finder fee of $500
Vin# LS27P9B120840

Thank you

I am right there with you Eddie! Been searching for mine from my 69 GTS convertible since 1995, 306021...

Hello all. Increasing the finders fee to $1,000. Thank you

Hello all. Increasing the finders fee to $1,000. Thank you
According to the free NICB vin check (VINCheck® Lookup | National Insurance Crime Bureau) the vehicle was reported stolen, and then reported as a total loss. I don't have the deep NICB access (they have virtually EVERY insurance claim and payout data) so I don't know the particulars of either event. Because it's a pre-80 VIN, AutoCheck won't provide additional info, but I think it's there. If you know an insurance agent or broker, they may be able to help with the total loss info. It's kind of backwards digging, but the loss location/payout should tell you the police agency that did the report. You should be able to obtain that and find out what yard it went to and go from there, if you don't already have that info. EDIT: I did find this available. Best of luck in locating the motor. Get Instant Vehicle History Report

Last edited:
Thank you so much. The car was originally In Wisconsin.

The number stamped on the front of my 340 is FW340P29290044 (photo). The cast date code is 5-28-69, so I suppose this engine could have been issued to a 1970 car. The passenger side along the oil pan rail is stamped with 0B181130. Some internet people say these 8 digits are the last numbers of the original VIN, but I'm no expert. I pulled this engine from my 1971 Demon 340, 4 speed. Someone on this forum probably knows more about these numbering schemes.

1969 340 VIN.jpg

Good evening. Thank you for checking. I appreciate it so much. Have a phenomenal evening and a great holiday

The number stamped on the front of my 340 is FW340P29290044 (photo). The cast date code is 5-28-69, so I suppose this engine could have been issued to a 1970 car. The passenger side along the oil pan rail is stamped with 0B181130. Some internet people say these 8 digits are the last numbers of the original VIN, but I'm no expert. I pulled this engine from my 1971 Demon 340, 4 speed. Someone on this forum probably knows more about these numbering schemes.

View attachment 1716021196
The vin confirms that it should belong to an early '70 model year and I'm sure it doesn't match the vin of your '71.

I would trust the NICB data over VinCheck. Just because NICB has pretty much ALL the insurance claims (they are an agent of the insurance industry). I'm pretty sure VinCheck is a commercial unit that buys data. In getting a no return from VinCheck, it could mean they didn't buy data that far back. I could be wrong though.

I would trust the NICB data over VinCheck.
Well - I used your link which has NICB and "VINCheck" right in your tag. And as far as I can tell, they're one-and-the-same?
Reason I checked is that I've never had one return "positive" for theft or loss and wanted to see what the screen displayed when one did.
Possibly you can re-run your inquiry wherever you did previously and post a screen shot if you get a positive?
Just striving for accuracy because a reported "total loss" is quite significant to titling in many locales, and, frankly, I don't know just how effective that web site is.
@Eddie348 - did you get your titling done without issue (assuming you've already transferred and in Illinois)?

Thanks
Mark

Good morning All.
Still looking for the block. Any assistance would be great appreciated. Thank you

Hello all, increasing the finder fee to $1,500.00. Thank you

Last edited:
-
Back