-
Status
Not open for further replies.

John B

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I need a 69 727 part# 2892091 if anyone has one for sale. I am going to have it rebuilt so a core is fine. I'm in Fresno, CA and would prefer something on this side because of shipping costs and have cash in hand and willing to drive a few hours or can send PayPal and pick up at a terminal here in town to save shipping costs. Thanks, John

I could use a 93 but my build sheet shows the 91 as the trans that came with it. The one I need is for a 383 4bbl 330HP w/H51 (A/C), non HP. Go figure it has a 330 HP with an VIN H code (335 HP), got the numbers on the block and build sheet to back it up. They came in Charger, Coronet, Satellite and A-bodies in 69. The problem is one could be behind just about any year car and any configuration because not all transmissions made it back in their original cars.

Case in point, my 69 Charger had a 71 passenger car trans. in it and I had 2 guys PM me about possible ones they had in 69 cars, one came back as an early 68 and the other was a 66 passenger car trans. BTW, I got it from the original owner and he thought it was the original just like the 452 heads that were on it. So anyone with a big block trans could have the one I need even if it was in another year.

The closest I get is a case I have for a 426. I don't know if these guys will search thru the racks of trans that they have for you or not. But you might give Wildcat a call @ (503) 668-7786 tell them what you're looking for and see if they can help.

I did call Wildcat but $625 to a terminal for a core is a bit out of budget. I know some guys won't be willing to look but that's the hobby today, thanks for looking.

How much do they want for it? My thought is. You buy it. I'll pick it up. Strip it and send you the case. You cover costs.

Thanks but I want a complete trans. would like to keep it driving the way it did originally, no shift kits or anything else. It now has original 69 Dated 906 heads, original 69 Holley 4440 and it has been rebuilt to stock specs except for a roller cam because of the oil issues today and SS valves/hardened seats, I just need the trans. to complete the process.

They wanted $450 BTW + $175 to ship or about $125 more than I can spend. Thanks, John

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back