Looking for a new socket for ashtray lamp

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
73D5EDFF-95E9-4B26-84FC-C0044901FB0C.jpeg
Looking for a replacement lamp socket for this center console wiring harness. This is the bulb that lights up the shifter indicator on 66-76 a body center console. The hole is .625” and mine works but will not stay in the hole with out sealer or a clip. Anyone know where to get a new pigtail? Nobody is making the 66’ center console wiring harness yet. Thanks. Tried Napa and all the auto parts stores near me. I can not get eBay or amazon to show me what I want. Help!
7EDAE3B1-8E26-41DA-86AE-030790789200.jpeg

Just a hunch. Would any gauge manufacturers like Autometer accessory light pigtails work?? You can order them seperately i do believe.

Just a hunch. Would any gauge manufacturers like Autometer accessory light pigtails work?? You can order them seperately i do believe.
Sadly I checked there as well. They sell a single wire (uses housing for ground) for .500” or 1/2” hole. I’m probably just going to make a screw in hold down and call it a day. The issue is when installing the center console your working up side down under the console so when the socket keeps falling out it’s a pita. Thank you for the suggestion.

If the aftermarket bulb socket is a 1 wire setup and it uses its metal housing for ground, why not attach the orange wire to the single wire bulb socket, and plug it in, then attach a ring terminal to end of the black wire, and attach that wire directly to the potmetal housing that the bulb plugs into to create the ground it needs. No need to over think this. At least this is what I would do.

If the aftermarket bulb socket is a 1 wire setup and it uses its metal housing for ground, why not attach the orange wire to the single wire bulb socket, and plug it in, then attach a ring terminal to end of the black wire, and attach that wire directly to the potmetal housing that the bulb plugs into to create the ground it needs. No need to over think this. At least this is what I would do.
Moparmat2000- wrong diameter. Hole is .625” metal socket is .500”.
For that matter I could solder it to the housing but again too small in diameter. I think I’ll just make a clamp and a single screw to hold it in place. Before the total rebuild of the car I JD siliconed it. It worked BUT was a pita because your working upside down waiting for it to dry. The harness is so heavy it is a lot of suspended weight while drying. Thanks for the suggestion!
Syleng1

If you cant find one, You could pop rivet a metal plate to the diecast with a smaller hole in it to accept the aftermarket socket.

I have them. Send me your address pay the postage plus a couple bucks when you get it. I just dug them out to put a console in this Duster. Do you want the harness if I have it or just the bulb socket.

DSCN0015.JPG

DSCN1228.JPG

-
Back