Looking for a performance engine builder

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
I'm in the Seirra foothills looking for a engine shop with Mopar experience need shortblock work.

Mike at MRL 989-845-1547

He built a 408 for me and it runs great 550 hp at 560 lb ft

Sorry to hear this. He did a great job and I have no issues with the combo or work.

I understand IMM down in Indio (So Cal) has a pretty good rep. I haven't had anything done by them, though. Look up IMM Engines.
Good luck.

Steve Wann Racing
1230 St Francis Ave
Modesto, CA 95356

Title: Owner
Phone: 209-602-4351

Steve Wann Racing
1230 St Francis Ave
Modesto, CA 95356

Title: Owner
Phone: 209-602-4351

I'll second the recommendation for Steve. He has done some work for me in the past and knows his Mopars extremely well. I haven't spoke to him in a little while. It was right after the Rettig Bros machine shop (in Modesto) closed. Between their machining and Steve's building, it was a tough combo to beat. They all campaigned Mopars in Div 7 NHRA. He always does side work when he can and last I heard, he was with a race/machining group out of Stockton. The phone number listed is what I have in my address book as his cell #.

I understand IMM down in Indio (So Cal) has a pretty good rep. I haven't had anything done by them, though. Look up IMM Engines.
Good luck.

Brian @ Indio Motor Machine (IMM) is very good as well and also knows his Mopars but as we move further north in the state, the logistics don't seem to make as much sense with good machinists/builders up this way. We've had some dealings in the past when I use to frequent shows in the LA area. Now, Maxine Waters has scared me off for good. Great option for the SoCal folks though.

Sorry no track time on the Dart. Use to Drag race 20 years ago, but no track close anymore and not too interested in it anymore.

Thanks

I have relocated. Bad timing with Sac closing changing direction with cars now. Thanks for info.

Norm Sappenfield at NCP Motors in Diamond Springs builds a really nice, dynamically balanced engine, but check to see if he's still working. Maybe he retired, I'm not sure, because is getting pretty old and may have sold his shop. Also, regardless of what engine builder you choose, do your own research regarding quench and tell the engine builder exactly how much piston-to-combustion chamber clearance you want. Most engine builders don't seem to know the importance of quench in a Mopar engine.

-
Back