Looking For A Quiet Electric Fuel Pump

-

RPMagoo

Just An Old Motorhead
Reaction score
Need a electric fuel pump for street use -- Pressure 6+ -- Ok to require a regulator. -- Looking for the quietest one that I can get. -- Currently have a Summit pump, and You can hear it above My 3" exhaust, with Flow Master 40s. -- I'd prefer a mount like in the picture, so that I don't have to mess with the plumbing. --- Any experience out there ?
Falcon - Summit Fuel Pump --.JPG

I just installed a Holley HP125 to replace a Red pump. It is QUIET!!! There is just a slight hum when the engine is off, when it's on you can't hear it. My red pump in the same location could be heard over the engine at all times.

To be honest, I had little hope that the HP125 would be quiet enough. So much so that I was prepping to convert to an in tank pump. If you have the room to mount it, I would give it a shot.

I just installed a Holley HP125 to replace a Red pump. It is QUIET!!! There is just a slight hum when the engine is off, when it's on you can't hear it. My red pump in the same location could be heard over the engine at all times.

To be honest, I had little hope that the HP125 would be quiet enough. So much so that I was prepping to convert to an in tank pump. If you have the room to mount it, I would give it a shot.
I had aN HP 125, it lasted 300 miles then **** the bed. Holley told me to go F&*K myself as it was only 3 months out of warranty. Speed shop where i got it from said he had a dozen failed pumps needing to go back for replacement. The problem is the tolerances with the G rotor gear setup in the bottom when it gets hot it stops pumping fuel and will leave you stranded on the side of the road. I will use it for fuel transfer now, thats all they are good for.

The quietest ones are the type you submerse in the tank... I like the Aeromotive pumps.
Need a electric fuel pump for street use -- Pressure 6+ -- Ok to require a regulator. -- Looking for the quietest one that I can get. -- Currently have a Summit pump, and You can hear it above My 3" exhaust, with Flow Master 40s. -- I'd prefer a mount like in the picture, so that I don't have to mess with the plumbing. --- Any experience out there ? View attachment 1715276791
Send me a PM I just switched to EFI and have a great aero pump and regulator I would let go very reasonable.

Would a stock pump on the engine be a option for you? And just bypass the electric pump? Cheap & Easy. Wait that's how I like my Girlfriends too. :)

Adding a rubber insulator helps, but the biggest thing that will quieten them down is a return line.

Would a stock pump on the engine be a option for you? And just bypass the electric pump? Cheap & Easy. Wait that's how I like my Girlfriends too. :)
-- May do that, but trying to avoid any re-plumbing.

-- Carter makes a couple different electric pumps. they are quiet. --
-- I'm thinking that I'll try a Carter P4070, or a P4594 -- Fairly inexpensive -- Same as current mount -- Comes with some rubber hardware, and if that doesn't work, I have a Holley, mechanical, pump, and I'll re-do the plumbing, and go with that. --- Thanks to All, for Your thoughts.

Last edited:
I have the Carter pump that requires a regulator. It's quiet when the engine is running. Well it's makes the same amount of noise all the time. Just can't hear it when the engine is running. I also wired mine through an inertia switch, and an oil pressure switch. Alot of work, but much safer.

-- I'm thinking that I'll try a Carter P4070, or a P4594 -- Fairly inexpensive -- Same as current mount -- Comes with some rubber hardware, and if that doesn't work, I have a Holley, mechanical, pump, and I'll re-do the plumbing, and go with that. --- Thanks to All, for Your thoughts. --
-- Changed My mind. A friend talked Me into a mechanical pump. I will use a Holley, which I have.

-
Back