Looking for early A convertible pics

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Calling all early A Dart and Valiant convertible owners. Lets see some pics please.

Here’s my little project car. It’s a 66 Valiant Signet commando car, currently waiting for a floorpan job and the motor going back in.

0D0E7938-B2F4-4249-A5D6-3825D417DA4D.jpeg

Mine when I brought home. And what it looks like currently.

5D1B26A8-82B7-41CF-9F7C-039030D90AD9.jpeg

0E017E3C-3804-4AF5-837F-CB396A524FE8.jpeg

I don't have one, but I helped build this one years ago. My dear friend Larry Woodall built this car and then I built him this model of his car. He gave me left over paint and I used that on the model.

LeftOverall.jpg

IMG_0015.JPG

Love the tan top EASYRIDER. She's a beauty!

That's a great color MNMOPAR. I wonder how common the luggage rack was for an option? I don't recall seeing too many of them.

Gareth,looks like you have your hands full! I thought I was being bold splicing in a new firewall in my wagon.

Very cool cars Hyper.

Last edited:

That's a great color MNMOPAR. I wonder how common the luggage rack was for an option? I don't recall seeing too many of them.

Gareth,looks like you have your hands full! I thought I was being bold splicing in a new firewall in my wagon.

Very cool cars Hyper.
Oh yeah. Hands are definitely full. Replacing the entire cowl and windshield frame. Floors are next. Hope it’s easier after that!

Very cool cars Hyper.
The rack looks like it might have been a dealer installed option. During rebuild I had to decide whether to keep it or plug the holes. I it look great after 10 hours of polishing and kept it. Thanks!

The rack looks like it might have been a dealer installed option. During rebuild I had to decide whether to keep it or plug the holes. I it look great after 10 hours of polishing and kept it. Thanks!
Mine had a rack. I took it off and welded up the holes. I still have it. No idea what it's worth.

Back when I was a youngster the neighbor, a grandpa aged guy, bought a new 64 Valiant. Later in the summer he took it to the dealer and had a rack just like that one installed. He also had them install a passenger side rear view mirror which I thought was a very luxurious thing!

Back when I was a youngster the neighbor, a grandpa aged guy, bought a new 64 Valiant. Later in the summer he took it to the dealer and had a rack just like that one installed. He also had them install a passenger side rear view mirror which I thought was a very luxurious thing!
here's mine with rack before I painted it black.

dart1.JPG

I'm also restoring a 1960 Valiant wagon. It has roof rack, rear side deflectors and louvers on the interior back side windows.

0208181736.jpg
0212181046a.jpg
1965 Valiant convertible with a V8 automatic. It has Factory bucket seats it looks like it should be a Signet, but doesn't have any Signet badges.
I'm not sure if I want to work on it anymore or sell it. I'm not real fond of convertibles.

-
Back