Looking for fuel line advice for stock magnum EFI and fuel pump

-

Truckie

Reaction score
I’m getting close to firing up my son’s 360 magnum in his 67 Dart. I’m using the stock EFI and I installed the fuel pump from the donor truck in the fuel tank. Any suggestions on what I should do for fuel line? Anyone have a source for stock connectors? Do I run steel line part way like it was on the donor truck or rubber the whole way. Any help is appreciated. Hoping to hear it run this weekend. The May 16th graduation deadline to have the car done is fast approaching and I still have lots to do.

I’m getting close to firing up my son’s 360 magnum in his 67 Dart. I’m using the stock EFI and I installed the fuel pump from the donor truck in the fuel tank. Any suggestions on what I should do for fuel line? Anyone have a source for stock connectors? Do I run steel line part way like it was on the donor truck or rubber the whole way. Any help is appreciated. Hoping to hear it run this weekend. The May 16th graduation deadline to have the car done is fast approaching and I still have lots to do.

Whatever you decide needs to be high pressure line, but I’m not sure I would use rubber even then.
I used 3/8 nylon 12 high pressure line even though I don’t run efi.
This is what I used for my supply and return both and has a 530 psi working capability and a 1,200 lb. burst rating.
It may seem like over kill, but for the cost and ease of routing it served the purpose well.
In my own opinion stainless steel line is always best, but...
JEGS 159235: Nylon Fuel Injection Hose 3/8" O.D. x 10" | JEGS

I'm using a steel prebent 3/8 line from Inline Tube.
Goes from the tank area all the way to the right side frame rail in the engine comoartment.

NAPA sells fittings that snap on to the factory quick disconnects on the pump and fuel rail and make things very easy. Similar to this one,
image.jpg

You can use rubber fuel injection hose that has a braid in it and a pressure rating of 250 psi but I would have the ends professionally crimped. Your local hydraulic hose outfit can set you up. Reminder though, NHRA wants no more than 12” of rubber line anywhere in the car. And that is a good standard to live up to if you’re going to race it. Street car will be just fine with high quality fuel injection hose properly attached to the body every 12” or so and away from exhaust.

Just to repeat some prior advice. FI operates at a constant high pressure. Steel lines, braided high pressure hose and FI connectors. No coolant hose clamps here. Pressure regulator and inline filter between tank and engine compartment. Use the factory original set up as a guide.

On my run stand I used 3/8” pushlok fuel injection hose on the above fittings and I didn’t crimp the ends, just some worm clamps. No leaks at all. I’m not recommending this for a permanent application but shows how well they seal.
image.jpg

Nic/Copper line is much easier to work with than steel. Definitely stay away from the green stuff sold at auto parts. Can’t flare with regular flare tool. I like -6an stainless braided but need to use PTFE these days due to ethanol and takes their own fittings.

Could certainly run the nic/copper on the frame and short sections of braided to the pump/tank & motor.

Nic/Copper line is much easier to work with than steel. Definitely stay away from the green stuff sold at auto parts. Can’t flare with regular flare tool. I like -6an stainless braided but need to use PTFE these days due to ethanol and takes their own fittings.

Could certainly run the nic/copper on the frame and short sections of braided to the pump/tank & motor.
I just hard lined the entire fuel system on my boat with 1/2” Ni/Cop (coast guard requirement) and it was very nice and easy to work with.

Whatever you decide needs to be high pressure line, but I’m not sure I would use rubber even then.
I used 3/8 nylon 12 high pressure line even though I don’t run efi.
This is what I used for my supply and return both and has a 530 psi working capability and a 1,200 lb. burst rating.
It may seem like over kill, but for the cost and ease of routing it served the purpose well.
In my own opinion stainless steel line is always best, but...
JEGS 159235: Nylon Fuel Injection Hose 3/8" O.D. x 10" | JEGS
How do you terminate that hose? Push lock fittings available? That stuff does not want to push onto a barb. Is the piece really only 10 inches long?

How do you terminate that hose? Push lock fittings available? That stuff does not want to push onto a barb. Is the piece really only 10 inches long?
They show 10” but in the description it says 10’. Videos I watched showed putting the tube in boiling water or using a hair dryer to soften it to slip over the barbs.

NAPA sells fittings that snap on to the factory quick disconnects on the pump and fuel rail and make things very easy. Similar to this one,
View attachment 1715722931
You can use rubber fuel injection hose that has a braid in it and a pressure rating of 250 psi but I would have the ends professionally crimped. Your local hydraulic hose outfit can set you up. Reminder though, NHRA wants no more than 12” of rubber line anywhere in the car. And that is a good standard to live up to if you’re going to race it. Street car will be just fine with high quality fuel injection hose properly attached to the body every 12” or so and away from exhaust.
I don’t think this car we’ll be seeing any drag strips. Lol.

I don’t think this car we’ll be seeing any drag strips. Lol.
You’re building it for your high school age son right? Lol I know what I did in high school. And a stock mag 360 has plenty of go so I wouldn’t rule it out. After driving it a while you may wonder what it will run.

You’re building it for your high school age son right? Lol I know what I did in high school. And a stock mag 360 has plenty of go so I wouldn’t rule it out. After driving it a while you may wonder what it will run.
After being used to driving the slant 6 with 2 barrel, headers and cut outs with the 2.76 rearend, he’ll probably be disappointed with the new set up.

My blog has a parts list of what I did:
Fuel System Complete

Used quick connect to AN adapters for the high pressure side and regular rubber line for the return.

-
Back