Looking for info on 64 Belvedere 426 Street Wedge 4-Speed

-

mcodecuda

Reaction score
Does anyone know any past history on this car? I know that it was originally sold in Los Angeles Ca. and I bought it at Streetside Classics in Nashville Tn. Where it was on consignment from a gentleman from Salem Va. It appears to have been restored in Wausau Wi. by Collector Auto Sales and Restoration and had a Max Wedge installed which was later removed before I got it.

1250B3B2-31DA-4443-9125-4305B2B49F9A.jpeg

51AAEB95-0E64-4361-8AF6-E385D73C0680.jpeg

Ya , i know some, the guy who owed collector auto is a very good friend of mine, I built the max wedge for the car, it was a 500 stroker , my friend changed the 4spd to an overdrive with the jamie passon gears, I thought a mistake, he painted the car to make it look like rust spots and patina even tho it was a rust free car . it didn't go over very good to sell, so he painted the car all black. I think he got he got the car from CA. last I knew he had the car for sale on cars-on-line.com

Ya , i know some, the guy who owed collector auto is a very good friend of mine, I built the max wedge for the car, it was a 500 stroker , my friend changed the 4spd to an overdrive with the jamie passon gears, I thought a mistake, he painted the car to make it look like rust spots and patina even tho it was a rust free car . it didn't go over very good to sell, so he painted the car all black. I think he got he got the car from CA. last I knew he had the car for sale on cars-on-line.com
Thanks, I remember seeing the car on cars-on-line with the spots but the ad is no longer on there. Someone had either replaced the engine that you built or they had taken off all of the Max Wedge specific parts off of it it sometime after Collector Car sold it. Currently it has a ‘68 440 block in it. Can you ask your friend who he sold the car to? Also the input shaft bearing In the transmission must be bad because it makes a lot of noise and I think that the overdrive transmission was also removed when the Max Wedge parts were removed. I’m just completing a new garage shortly so as soon as that’s done I’m going to get into the car and straighten some things out.

Thanks, I remember seeing the car on cars-on-line with the spots but the ad is no longer on there. Someone had either replaced the engine that you built or they had taken off all of the Max Wedge specific parts off of it it sometime after Collector Car sold it. Currently it has a ‘68 440 block in it. Can you ask your friend who he sold the car to? Also the input shaft bearing In the transmission must be bad because it makes a lot of noise and I think that the overdrive transmission was also removed when the Max Wedge parts were removed. I’m just completing a new garage shortly so as soon as that’s done I’m going to get into the car and straighten some things out.
I'll see what I can find out.

-
Back