Looking for Mopar and other cool car shows along a cross country trek in June 2023

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm going to do a 5000 mile road trip in my 1970 Dart GT in June of 2023 and am looking for Mopar or other cool car shows to hit along the way.. We'll take the Pacific Coast Highway from WA State to Santa Monica CA, then Rt66 from Santa Monica to Chicago and then the Lincoln Highway to Pennsylvania. We will be leaving around the first of June and hope to hit PA around July 6th. Anybody along the route know of anything???

Rt 66 Fun Run in Kingman Az is the 5th-7th in May. 166 mile round trip.
One month too soon before you leave. :(

Drove the Pacific Coast Highway in CA from Morro Bay to Monterey in an 18 wheeler back in 1982. Beautiful drive but not a good route for a big truck. I was glad I was going North in some areas so I wasn't right on the edge of some of the cliffs.

Be sure to check Google Maps for road closures along the way.

20230101_092333.jpg

I Mopared across the country in several cars over the years, always a fun time.
I lent my 63 Valiant to a friend to do a long distant drive from Nevada to Pennsylvania.
He and his father who was in his 80's at the time.They had a blast and he was forever grateful spending time with his dad.

Southern Plains Mopar Fest just south of Oklahoma City (Route 66). It has been June 10th or 11th for the first two years. 2023 will be the 3rd Annual and it is becoming a rather large Mopar event.

Our "Mopars In May" charity-benefit car show may be a little early for your schedule as it is always the 3rd Sunday in May.
The 2023 edition show is scheduled for May 21st in Ontario, California.

Mopar Alley (Cupertino, CA) has a show that is generally the second Sunday in June.

Mopars in the Park, Stillwater MN. 3rd largest mopar only event in the country. Just outside Minneapolis, always the weekend after Memorial Day. MCACN is a wonderful Mopar heavy, but all brands. Chicago Nov, weekend before Thanksgiving

Mopar Maxx June 9-11 at Cedar Falls Motorsports Park north of Cedar Falls, Iowa.

BeFunky-collage6.jpg

hope to hit PA around July 6th

Does this mean you'll be attending Carlisle, 7/13 to 7/16? One of the best venues on the planet for car shows. Well organized and friendly. Holiday dale through tomorrow, 20% off registration.

Yep we'll be rolling into Carlisle! I have been attending since 1998, about 2 out of every three years, but I haven't had a car there since we moved from the East Coast in 2001.

Search "FBBO tent" on here for info on the 2022 combined tent FABO,FBBO,FEBO ETC
Everyone was asked to specify FBBO as car club when registering for the showfield -- some crazy Carlisle rule
@HSorman spearheaded it last year-not sure about 2023 but its early
The 2022 tent was located down from Gate #3 Good time had by all
The tent earned 4th place for club attendance

A couple hours north of the Lincoln Highway is the Fort Street Cruise in Southgate, MI. It should be June 24. Tons of nice cars there and a great cruising strip. If you like traditional home cooking, try one of several Amish restaurants as you travel through the Wooster, OH area. Lehman's Hardware in Kidron, OH is worth the stop if you like old fashioned non-electric stuff with new stuff mixed in. Not that it's very noteworthy, but Summit Racing in Tallmadge/Akron, OH is a few minutes north of your route, should you find yourself in need. Have a great time!

Mopars @ the junction show in chardon Ohio. Usually thw 2nd sunday in june.

Also LETS Mopar in albion PA the week before.

2 good regional shows that you may be able to roll into.

Good luck. And Carlisle is waay bigger than it was in 2001.

I don't know the route, but isn't hot rod power tour around that time?

Bob's Big Boy in Burbank has a long standing Friday Night cruise in. it's very informal but lots of cool stuff shows up.

if you do a flyby give me a heads up, you'll be right in my back yard!

-
Back