Looking for my dad's 71 Superbee

-

Budgetmoparman

Reaction score
I know this is probably a shot in the dark but I am looking for my dad's 71 Superbee. It had a 383 with a 3 speed originally but my dad put a 4 speed in it at some point. From what I remember it was burnt orange or brownish color with tan interior I believe. My dad sold it in mid 80s to a friend who sold it to a guy in Sauk Centre, Mn. a year later. I haven't been able to find the VIN. I have been trying to locate this car since my dad passed away 4 years ago. I remember riding in that car with him and would really like to see it again and hopefully buy it back. If anyone has any possible info or leads please let me know. Thanks.

go to car show and mopar swap meet often as you can I am sure bound to happen might show up there .

Have you gone over to Sauk Centre and asked around?? Do they have a car show??
Midwest MOPARS in the Park is 1-3 June is in Farmington, MN. Might be a place to check. You might find someone who might know something.
Good luck.

I am planning on going to mopars in the park this year. I know a couple guys around the Sauk Centre area and I have reached out to them. No luck so far. I wish I could find the VIN somehow. I talked to the guy that bought it from my dad and we are going to go to Sauk Centre and poke around once the weather warms up and people start bringing their old cars out.

Man, why don't ya just buy one like it? I don't know what I wpuld do if someone knocked on my door wanting to check the VIN on my Swinger.

Man, why don't ya just buy one like it? I don't know what I wpuld do if someone knocked on my door wanting to check the VIN on my Swinger.

I thought I would try to locate this one first. If it isn't for sale or I can't locate it then I will probably buy one like it.

I thought I would try to locate this one first. If it isn't for sale or I can't locate it then I will probably buy one like it.
Its all good. I can understand why you would want your dad's car. if it were in a field sitting , you may get it for a score.

Does the guy remember who he had insurance through for that car?? I've had the same insurance company 30 years. They could tell me the VIN off any of the cars I've insured through them.

Was he involved in any accidents with the car?? If so, there'd still be a accident report with whatever agency investigated.

He also might be able to go down to the local DMV and see if they can pull that car up under his name.

Just some ideas.

Does the guy remember who he had insurance through for that car?? I've had the same insurance company 30 years. They could tell me the VIN off any of the cars I've insured through them.

Was he involved in any accidents with the car?? If so, there'd still be a accident report with whatever agency investigated.

He also might be able to go down to the local DMV and see if they can pull that car up under his name.

Just some ideas.

I will have to ask him about the insurance. My mom doesn't have any documents from when my dad owned it.

-
Back