Looking for my high school car

-

irydebikes

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about this for some time and poke around here and there but I'd love to find out if my Dart from high school is still out there kicking somewhere. VIN was LM23H0R208565. Was originally a plum crazy 4sp car, but was orange when I sold it. Had a 400 with an automatic when I owned it. Last I knew it was in the Stevens Point WI area. Any info/leads would be awesome!

IMG_4638.jpg

How long ago was this? There was a "restored" C7 340/4-speed kicking around the Wausau area quite awhile back (15+ years). Wausau isn't such a stretch from Stevens Point. If that was your old car, someone put it back to the factory color and drivetrain combination. I've no idea where it might be now, but unless it was catastophically wrecked it's gotta still be out there somewhere.

I wish I had more for ya. I don't know a name or anything more specific.

Find a private investigator and give them the vin. He/she can give you all the registered owners. I did the same thing. Found my highschool car and bought it back.

Was this in 1984, 1994, 2004 or 2014?

Best of luck. I will keep my eyes open. I found Dads old car and have it now. Here's to hoping someone can help you bring it home.

How long ago was this? There was a "restored" C7 340/4-speed kicking around the Wausau area quite awhile back (15+ years). Wausau isn't such a stretch from Stevens Point. If that was your old car, someone put it back to the factory color and drivetrain combination. I've no idea where it might be now, but unless it was catastophically wrecked it's gotta still be out there somewhere.

I wish I had more for ya. I don't know a name or anything more specific.
Right on, that's the right time frame, it was around '92-93 that I sold it, thanks!!! :)

If that is it, then possibly will see it at Iola, Pierce Park, or some other bigger show. Wausau to Stevens Point is just 30 min or so, easy. I could check with a friend of a friend to see if he knows the car, he is from Wausau

I've spent a couple months in Waupaca in the last six months, and I haven't seen a Dart one in that area but if I go back I'll keep an eye out. The Iola car show would be where I'd start. Take your pictures and start asking!!!

This is one dad and I restored in 2009. Local Wisconsin car. Cant recall where he bought it but originally plum crazy. We got it and it was tan/ with some remnants of orange. We got it as a roller. We sold it in 2011. Seen it last year at our local car show but that's the first time and last time we've seen it since restoration. Dont remember vin but we put it back to a 340- 4 speed. Unlikely the same car but never know.

20220724_082716.jpg

-
Back