Looking for old fashion enamel

-

/six

leaning tower of power
Reaction score
Presently working on my 73 Dart body. This is a driver, NOT a show car. I am trying to get good old enamel I can spray with my N.O.S. Devilbiss spray gun. Up here in ‘save the world’ Canada I cannot get custom mixed enamel. So, wondering if anyone can recommend any northern Midwest suppliers, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania that I can order a gallon or so of custom mixed enamel? Years ago when in Richmond, Indiana I noticed the O’Reilly’s there had a big shelf full of paints, a lot more than Michigan. Maybe stricter regulations in Michigan? Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks, /six.

If you are ok with non custom Enamel I have used the paint from Tractor supply with hardner and it turned out great. We did a full size van with it and it still looks great 2 years later.

Reach out to Dura chemicals in Stoney Creek, they may be able to help. When the time comes for me, it will be done with single stage urethane. Andrew

I know nothing about Canada and auto paints, but I recommend checking out Calif. TCP Glbal. I have used them for several years along with PPG and DuPont for decades. I use the acrylic urethane single stage, They have a color library of all the old formulars. Exact match to OEM color.
IF you can go to a local pro auto pant store and get top or secondary lines of their urethane, another option I personally feel the urethane of more durable than enamel, but I have been wrong before!!! ha I like Rustoleum enamals for under side and inside of floors, rear ends, dry durable but maybe not so much in UV ???/

-
Back