Looking for original 340

-

Paintguy

Dodge GTS
Reaction score
Looking for my original 340 engine. Was last seen in the late seventies in the Roanoke Virginia area. Vin # 9B325911

Question? Why does it matter 40 years later? It's not going to make your car faster or worth more. And the chance of the owner selling it back to you are slim to none.

I have two 340 blocks and could care less what the vin numbers are. Maybe I have yours?

Question? Why does it matter 40 years later? It's not going to make your car faster or worth more. And the chance of the owner selling it back to you are slim to none.

Question? Why do you jump in every thread of this type and state the same thing? Does it really bother you that much? Some people want their engine back. I got mine after being parted out. It’s not impossible. Just wondering.......

I have a car that was a shell and did not have one single screw or bolt left on it. Literally. The floors were all gone, I mean not there, front to back. It had a vin, fender tag and broadcast sheet. Because Mopar people are the way they are, I figured it might be out there. I was right. I put an ad on Kijiji looking. The guy who parted the car out 20 years previous still had it. I got my 1971 HP 383 back, 30 over, balanced and blueprinted, assembled and painted, including the restored original dual snorkel air breather, for the sum of the parts and machining. He was more than happy to reunite the engine with the car.
It can and does happen.

Good luck to you. Many of these engines were removed because of what they are, not just because they were blown up.

I had 4 69 Super Bee’s 440-6 4 gear cars in the early 80s. They were a hard sell back then. I pulled the 440-6 out and put 383s in and they all sold. 2 found their way back into their original cars. I is in a grain truck. 1 I traded for a bunch of 340 stuff. I still have 1 440-6 4gear set up from a 69 Charger R/T S/E. Kim

Last edited:
Your block stamping would have a space in it. So just in case it does surface and the current owner uses a search engine to check for it - 9B 325911

That said.....

Mr. Always Skeptical above trolls this forum just to impose his negative opinions.

If he really, truly did not care one way or the other, then he is not only wasting his own precious time, but ours too.

Best of luck with your search!

It can and does happen. :)

I still say a few numbers stamped on the side of a block means nothing. $750k car? Then maybe? But if was sold it the first time? So live with the mistakes and move on. We can probably drag this topic out 37 more posts and still never locate this worth it weight in gold motor.

72dart6pack, i have a question for you. WHAT DO YOU POUR ON YOUR CHEERIOS/RICE KRISPIES EVERY MORNING? ASKING FOR A FRIEND.

I have a car that was a shell and did not have one single screw or bolt left on it. Literally. The floors were all gone, I mean not there, front to back. It had a vin, fender tag and broadcast sheet. Because Mopar people are the way they are, I figured it might be out there. I was right. I put an ad on Kijiji looking. The guy who parted the car out 20 years previous still had it. I got my 1971 HP 383 back, 30 over, balanced and blueprinted, assembled and painted, including the restored original dual snorkel air breather, for the sum of the parts and machining. He was more than happy to reunite the engine with the car.
It can and does happen.

Good luck to you. Many of these engines were removed because of what they are, not just because they were blown up.
It can and does happen inspite of the weak minded

I’m surprised that a photo of an engine on a stand with a six pack setup hasn’t been posted yet along with a statement that it’s a minimum $5k+ investment to play.

Best of luck in your quest. I believe I know where my original block is, but the prick won't sell. As for it is worth the search...absolutely if it is important to you or the value of the car. Dont let the negativity from one person deter your from keeping looking for it.

Just saw FB marketplace ad in Oconomowoc WI for 9B 374112. Close...

i am interested in speaking to the owner of engine number 9B 374112. It is very close to my car. Do you have the contact information?

I do not see the ad any longer. Also, I do not have FB account. If I see it advertised again, I will post a link.

I dunno man they say everything is for sale, what if OP is offering his life savings for it?

-
Back