-

davescuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for real 1968 Super Stock Seats
thanks for any help
or if any body has any leads

The "real" SS seats you seek are not unique to the LO and BO cars. . Bostrom Seating still produce them albeit for construction equipment, off-highway equipment, industrial grounds keeping equipment, and some farm tractors. Seats Inc. make a copy of the same seat for the same applications. These things are everywhere and cheap too. The "real ones" are OK for a museum piece but damn uncomfortable in actual use even it it's only an 8 second dwell time.....

The "real" SS seats you seek are not unique to the LO and BO cars. . Bostrom Seating still produce them albeit for construction equipment, off-highway equipment, industrial grounds keeping equipment, and some farm tractors. Seats Inc. make a copy of the same seat for the same applications. These things are everywhere and cheap too. The "real ones" are OK for a museum piece but damn uncomfortable in actual use even it it's only an 8 second dwell time.....

Thanks for that info. But I want the real ones. They have date codes on them from my research and they are different in a few ways. I do have one original one. I will buy one or a set.

Thanks for that info. But I want the real ones. They have date codes on them from my research and they are different in a few ways. I do have one original one. I will buy one or a set.

Dave,

Bostrom reproduce SS seats exactly to the original Chrysler specs. They can even apply the correct "date code" for you too. All it takes is $$$$

Good hunting!

Dave,

Bostrom reproduce SS seats exactly to the original Chrysler specs. They can even apply the correct "date code" for you too. All it takes is $$$$

Good hunting!
I will call them.
thanks

got some pics on what to be looking for that makes them special ? most of the time there just bones in the yards .

I will try to get some pictures. It would be better to have a 100 seat so you can see the differences.

I have a set of OE A100 seats with the original steel box bases, tracks and seat belts. What do you want to see?

I have a set of OE A100 seats with the original steel box bases, tracks and seat belts. What do you want to see?
them, setting in my garage, all done in black, paid for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

them, setting in my garage, all done in black, paid for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

I got them a while ago, like in the late '90s. I paid $140 for the set. They are NOS. They are black. :D

Guy had about 10 sets of them in a basement. Didn't really have the money to buy more than one pair at the time. Nor did I have the sense to try and find the money to do so...

Dude I got them from was a gear head. Not really sure where or how he acquired the seats but it made sense that he had them. There were Hilborn injection sets on the shelves, NOS Mopar manual steering boxes, (I kind of remember him giving me one of those, still had the cosmoline on it) all sorts of stuff down there. He had a front motored Corvair outside and an old Anglia that was made into a street rod sitting in a trailer...

Here's some pics I took fairly recently. I was messing with the seat bases to see if I could modify them to work in my Duster. I had the idea that I wanted adjustable seat tracks rather than the fixed ones that I have. I suppose it could have worked but I abandoned the idea. A100 seats are too '60s anyway, they would have looked slightly out of place in my car.
IMG_2952_zpsuatakrt5.jpg

Below is a comparison shot of the seat bases. The bases are from a truck/van application.The shorter one has been cut down a few inches to make it work in a car. Don't worry, it was all rusted out on the bottom, I wouldn't have done it if it was in decent enough condition. When I bought the seats, the guy's basement had a few inches of water in it, the seat bases were sitting in it...
IMG_2958_zpsyuly133l.jpg

My seats had these heavy plates attached to the backs of them. I'm guessing they were to secure the seat back to whatever structural sheet metal was behind the seats.
IMG_2956_zpske9jedf2.jpg

IMG_2957_zpsm5bkhtsv.jpg

This is what the seat base looks like by itself. The seat tracks bolt to the "L" bracket on the rear. See the vertical supports in the front? There is a rod that slides through two loops on the bottom of the seat tracks and the supports to hold it in place. The rod is held in by push nuts on either side. The seat belt retractors are bolted to the base itself.
IMG_2951_zps9takwxao.jpg

Here's a pic of the original seat track bolted to the base I cut down. Note the rod in the front. You can see how the bases are supposed to look in the pic above, they are flat on the bottom. That was what I cut out on this one, again, it was totally rusted.
IMG_2949_zpsho2xs2pg.jpg

Seat track slider handle on modified base.
IMG_2950_zpsqswl5jx6.jpg

BTW, the OE holes for the seat tracks DO NOT line up with the holes in the S/S seat brackets, at least in this particular application. The holes are also offset to one side or the other depending on which side the seat was mounted to.

Hope that sheds some light on the subject.

Ha !! I just sold an identical seat with base in near new condition for 150$
I posted on FABO and guys kept passing on it because I didnt have 2 of them !
Freaking retarded.... no idea why that made a difference....finally sold it to a guy in Seattle that is redoing a early Hemi B-body.

BTW .... your seats had those heavy plates on them because they came off of old drivers training simulators... base boxes as well... not sure those were truck or van bases ?

BTW .... your seats had those heavy plates on them because they came off of old drivers training simulators... base boxes as well... not sure those were truck or van bases ?

Huh. Never could figure out what those plates were for, thanks.

image.jpeg
The whole simulator consisted of late 60s Mopar parts...all had no wear due to light use.
Manual steering box , 4 speed pedals , steering column , Wood wheel ....

Sometimes the internet is great.
IMG_20130919_190531_017_zpsf49cf957.jpg

Aforementioned plate.
IMG_20130919_190516_591_zpsdf7a8243.jpg

Cool but weird. Kinda like an automotive hermaphrodite...

That's it !

My kids played on it for years . I had it in the rec room.

That's it !

My kids played on it for years . I had it in the rec room.

That's too funny. It's actually a perfect rec room thing.

The guy I got the seats from must have cleaned out a school or something. Who knows what happened to the other parts. The steering wheels, shifters and pedals would have been cool to find.

When I was searching around yesterday, I saw a few of these that are or had been for sale. BIG money for a complete one here.

-
Back