Looking for someone to Fab me up a B/E to Abody TRANSMISSION adapter plate.

-

ant.slant6

B5BlueDemon
Reaction score
Does any one know where I can buy one of these adapters or can someone make or sell me one. It would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,368
Nut up and buy a HF welder and build one, looks like you love your car, learn how to work on it all the way. Be a slave to no one.

Looks like you might have a product people would buy. I say make it.

I'm a cheap a$$ so I say build it yourself and spend the $$ elsewhere.
Check to see if a local metal supplier has the steel stock needed. I picked up all of the stuff needed for $20 and $5 of that was the bolts. Basically paid per lb for the plate and tube. From there it's just your time to cut it up. You technically don't "need" a welder as the tubes can be sandwiched between the plate and the shifter boss.

The hardest thing about it is tapping the holes in the rear shifter boss ;)

The spacer tubing could be black pipe but it should be welded and provide a flat plane. Otherwise it might shake loose or crack the adjacent aluminum.

And the advantage to using an Ebody trans is ? Looks like alot of extra work, why just get an A body 4 speed

And the advantage to using an Ebody trans is ? Looks like alot of extra work, why just get an A body 4 speed
Availability of the b/e ones are more plentiful,a body ones are more scarce and pricey,and if you already have the b/e ones laying around why not put them to good use,not everybody including me can just run out and buy all the parts for an a-body set up or can find them readily,this bracket has been around a long time glad to see it revived and works great,we need more a-body 4spd cars,and it's not much work,pretty simple and straightforward..oldschool ways still get the job done...

All the time you spent looking for one you could have made, installed it and be driving by now right?

the hard work is already done, you have a template , get to cutting, drilling and welding , bang gears

Thanks for the reference Brandon. Fabbed this one like the blueprint.

Got it built today. Sitting in a vise cooling at the moment. Should be going out tomorrow.

i had to grind the b body mounts off the tail shaft for it to clear everything. but it worked good. theres a photo of the installed shifter in my photo gallery here

the b body mounts were hitting the tranny crossmember on the drivers side top where to floor curves up

-
Back