Looking for someone to paint my 74 Duster in Nebraska

-

Valveguy

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a person in Nebraska or even western Iowa that would paint my 74 Duster? The body work is finished, I just need someone to do their final touch and then get the paint on. It's harder to find someone that will do this than you might think, and I want it done right. Thanks for any tips!

20220801_110059.jpg

Nice looking car
I went through a similar problem as you're having.
I dont know your experience with body work and I mean no disrespect but the thing is many better shops often are hesitant to put paint on a car that they didnt prep
A body and paint shop could see things that you might have missed and when they paint a car their name now is on it
Of course it all is dependant on the level of paint you are looking for
Good luck and I hope you find the right shop

Body shops don't want to mess with old cars, no money in it for them. and few if any will do work on top of your work, they don't want to have poor quality work. being an example of that people see .

The standard line my local body shop guys use on me is, if I want to work on an old car I have my own projects to work on .

Next problem is cost , if you find someone .. it will easily exceed $15,000 .. few want to spend that much

I've been trying to get very close friends to paint my race car for 10 years

I do all of my own (and other people's cars) and, I will say that all the above is true. The shop or person isn't going to want to put paint on a surface they didn't do the bodywork on. If something turns out wrong and people ask who painted it then everyone assumes that same person did the bodywork.

Does anyone know of a person in Nebraska or even western Iowa that would paint my 74 Duster? The body work is finished, I just need someone to do their final touch and then get the paint on. It's harder to find someone that will do this than you might think, and I want it done right. Thanks for any tips!

View attachment 1716048077
I should have added that my brother, Allen Kelly who owns a Venom Builds did the body work and it is as perfect as perfect gets. I know, everyone has their own opinion, but it was absolutely done right!

-
Back