Looking to get tunes back! Bluetooth or wired or whatever.

-

stumblinhorse

Reaction score
What I am looking for maybe doesn't exist. But wondered maybe my google skills just can't locate what I think I want.

Radio is dead in my 69, replacing with a "custom" unit that cost $100's is not worth it for me, I would rather spend that on mechanical upgrades etc. But it would be nice not to haul around a "brick" bluetooth speaker on the floor. Especially since I don't lock the doors since sometime the key has trouble unlocking it.

I have a single speaker in the dash. What I would like is a simple replacement speaker that either had a bluetooth built in so I could stream, or a simple headphone 3.5 mm plug. I would think that is a simple thing that might cost less than $100? Is there anything on the market like that? No volume control etc? Everything is controlled by the phone or device? Add a power line to the speaker, mount it in the original hole and kapow you have tunes!

8E27AE00-5FE6-488E-8C43-7397805A8487.png
I have one of these my son used it in his convertible he would hang it from the mirror I still use it working outside or BBQing charge it with USB in cigarette lighter great sound and loud get 2 and pair them
8E27AE00-5FE6-488E-8C43-7397805A8487.png

I lost one outside for a year in the leaves charged it and still use it today. Much better that those cylinder shaped ones. Although with the cylinder ones some you can turn on with an app. This one will not. This one is about 4 1/2 in diameter

Good ones cost the same or more than a nice clarion or pioneer head unit.

I always put a stereo in my cars, I love cars and I love music. Once I'm on the hwy.. i need a soundtrack ... around town I like to just hear the motor because going through the gears over tones the music anyways

I have not seen a replacement speaker that has Bluetooth and amplifier built into it, but there are a lot of options out there for hidden audio systems. Another option might be something like below. Don't know anything about it, but just stumbled onto it while looking for some options for you.

The Best Car Speakerphone - Hammacher Schlemmer

Another option might be to find the smallest amplifier you can find (Walmart or Best Buy). Get an adapter cable to go from headphone jack to Mono-in to amplifier. Run a speaker wire from output of amp to your dash speaker.

I don't know what size your dash speaker is, but on my '71 C-10, it had a 4x10 mono speaker in the dash. I found an option that had two 3.5" speakers mounted into a plate that was cut to the standard 4x10 speaker shape. If you did that, you could get a simple Headphone to RCA adapter cable to feed the signal to the small amp, then run right and left channels to the new twin-speakered dash speaker giving you stereo sound. Bet you could get all of that for around $100.

Another option might be to find the smallest amplifier you can find (Walmart or Best Buy). Get an adapter cable to go from headphone jack to Mono-in to amplifier. Run a speaker wire from output of amp to your dash speaker.

I don't know what size your dash speaker is, but on my '71 C-10, it had a 4x10 mono speaker in the dash. I found an option that had two 3.5" speakers mounted into a plate that was cut to the standard 4x10 speaker shape. If you did that, you could get a simple Headphone to RCA adapter cable to feed the signal to the small amp, then run right and left channels to the new twin-speakered dash speaker giving you stereo sound. Bet you could get all of that for around $100.

When I did the speakers for my 66 I made a bracket for the front opening - a single 6" x 8" hole I believe in the dash.
The bracket was bent in the middle a few degrees up so when I mounted the two smaller speakers they were not facing directly up but had a few degrees apart left and right.
It allowed for a definite left and right channel. The speakers were Kenwood like 4.5" x 4.5" and really helped a lot. I mounted a 6"x9" pair in the back and it ran all off an hidden amp powered by a small plug into my phone.
I had radio, music stored off my phone and service if I cared to run data. Very little investment but time and research.
Like $200 bucks but it worked really well.

Something like this to upgrade from single mono 4x10 to twin 3.5" is what I was describing. Mine had correct mounts for my specific application, vs this one that is just the plate.

Best Kits BKUSB80 Universal 4X10" Car Speaker 3.5" Adaptor Plates - BKUSB80
You need to make sure the two speakers are not on the same flat plain. otherwise you loose left and right channel.
Just a 10 degree bend in the middle makes all the difference in the world to sound quality.

just search ebay/amazon for boat amp/speakers. They have small water/shockproof amps that have Bluetooth/aux cable built in for use on boats, side by sides, Harleys, etc. I have one in my Valiant under the seat, works well

When I want some tunes I just throw in the portable Bose Blue tooth unit In the back seat and play my tunes through the IPhone. Best solution for me. AM works but!

This is my setup:
JL Audio Bluetooth receiver
Dual Amplifier 400W 2channel
Scosche 6x9 speakers.

If You shop around this combo can be had for about 200bux and the sound is amazing. The Bluetooth connects fast and sound quality is great.
I choose economical items as a trial to see how this would work. Very pleased and it can only get better with better quality components.

JL Audio MBT-RX

https://shop.bestreviews.com/produc...HNDBWRWZ_VZv5AuNZkvMpUn6TRBfKWMkaAj_7EALw_wcB

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-HD6904SD-6x9-4-Way-Car-Speakers-Pair/892307875

I did this in my boat. 40 watt booster/equalized. It makes decent noise, wired to come on with key and all i have to do is plug into earphone jack on my phone. Either itunes or an app for my favorite radio station. Long trips need a charge cord.

-
Back