Lost my temper today.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
I use to have a serious issue with my temper but over the years i have learned to control it. When i feel that spike in the back of my head i do breathing exercises or remove my self from the situation.

Today i wad installing a new screen door at the house and it just was not working. I can build an entire house, hang double hung windows, french doors, sliders what ever.

This dang screen door that cost 14 bucks just would not work. I should have know as the red was creeping in and my level of frustration was going up fast.

Before i realized it, the screen door was ripped out of the wall,on the floor in a ball and my women was looking at me like she dont know what to do....

In our 4 years she has never seen me even raise my voice.

Well now I feel super stupid and have to buy a new screen door...

Not sure what the point of this is, maybe just a heads up that folks are under a lot right now so lets all just try and relax.

I use to have a serious issue with my temper but over the years i have learned to control it. When i feel that spike in the back of my head i do breathing exercises or remove my self from the situation.

Today i wad installing a new screen door at the house and it just was not working. I can build an entire house, hang double hung windows, french doors, sliders what ever.

This dang screen door that cost 14 bucks just would not work. I should have know as the red was creeping in and my level of frustration was going up fast.

Before i realized it, the screen door was ripped out of the wall,on the floor in a ball and my women was looking at me like she dont know what to do....

In our 4 years she has never seen me even raise my voice.

Well now I feel super stupid and have to buy a new screen door...

Not sure what the point of this is, maybe just a heads up that folks are under a lot right now so lets all just try and relax.
Been there done that! I have alot of stories lol. I have learned to control mine too. I quit drinking in 2015 havent had a drop since. And since then I'm able to control my temper 100 percent better. I still have moments like you did dont sweat it it happens! At least it was a 14 dollar door and not something important lol I once threw a flatscreen tv threw a window. I had to replace the window and buy a new tv! :wtf::BangHead:

I agree. Very inexpensive door. They sometimes deserve that treatment.

As long as it doesn't happen again too quickly, I hope your woman will forget about it.

Buddy of mine keeps a case of empties handy.....when he loses it he starts firing them against a wall. Only 10 cents a piece

I don't know when my temper issue subsided but I am pretty mellow now. Oh, I get excited but I don't flare like I used to. I was shop foreman at a Buick/GMC dealer for 13 years. That's where I developed my temper. I was a MAC Dealer for 28 years and I would get frustrated but not really mad. Now that I am retired things are cool. Do you need to take a stress reliever break? Home projects that frustrate you? Just walk away. Dial the phone and hire it done.

I have never been accused being patient. I dug a 150x250’ pond in my front yard. When something doesn’t go right. In the pond it goes and I go buy a new one. I mean chain saw, weed eaters, mowers, wrenches you name it it’s in there. But funny thing is, as soon as it leaves my hands, I am totally at piece. This is how I cope with frustration. The guys at work at the fire station would tell my wife that when I die they want the salvage rights to the pond. I totally can relate to your aggravation. I can see that screen door in my pond.

I havent been there in a long time. Think because way back i tore my hand up pretty bad,think i needed stitches.
Oh, i do still have a temper but not where the blood boils.
I take a break,or do something less frustrating.
The mrs liked to push my buttons,was really good at pushing me over the edge. I got smart and would leave. A 3 or 4 hour calming drive and then a peaceful discussion.
Now i flat out refuse to argue with her. Pointless arguments at that.

Glad you're so impressed with yourself that you had to tell us ;)
It's best they know the real you, don't sweat it, just say it was a 14 dollar punching bag

I have never been accused being patient. I dug a 150x250’ pond in my front yard. When something doesn’t go right. In the pond it goes and I go buy a new one. I mean chain saw, weed eaters, mowers, wrenches you name it it’s in there. But funny thing is, as soon as it leaves my hands, I am totally at piece. This is how I cope with frustration. The guys at work at the fire station would tell my wife that when I die they want the salvage rights to the pond. I totally can relate to your aggravation. I can see that screen door in my pond.
Buddy saw me chuck a weed trimmer once. Thought it was hilarious. Thing was a piece of crap.opened overhead door and chucked it. But i was for the most part calm. Then there was the computer tower that got the better of me. After it bounced off the floor it worked again for a little while.
Oh where was i going with this??
Ah! Wish i had a pond too!!

I had a real bad temper when I was younger, had a few broken bones to prove it, launched a few tools into the stratosphere too. Finally learned with my first wife when she would push my buttons, I learned to control it as a way of stopping her from manipulating me. Now I try to not even raise my voice when my wife and I have an argument, I sometimes go for a drive and just listen to music until I feel calmer.

It's not the end of the world, far from it, especially given that you realized that your reaction may have had an effect on her.

We could probably all use a pond sometimes. LMAO

A good example. If you take your chainsaw out and pull and pull and pull till your worn out and then put it back in the shed, guess whats going to happen next day or week? Same thing! No I dump the oil out and the gas( don't want to kill my fish) Go to town and buy a new one. Same with a worn out wrench, if it slips and you bust your knuckles, and you put it back in box thinking I'll get a new one later or exchange it. A week later you forget about it and BAMM history repeats itself. No in the pond it goes. It's how I deal with stress. Has worked for me for 35 years.

Last edited:
One thing i do not tolerate is raised voices.

I refuse to raise my voice. I consider it a loss and a weakness.

This one caught me off gaurd.

Yeah, I get it.

Cooked some frozen veggies to add to my dinner tonight and after squeezing out the extra water and opening the package I noticed that I has sprayed some veggie juice on my shirt.

I reached for a paper towel to wipe it off my shirt and knocked the entire bag of cooked veggies on the floor, spilling it everywhere. Yep, pissed off I was.

My wife cleaned it up while I went out to the garage and screamed obscenities and rage at the top of my lungs for 20 minutes.

Yeah, just some spilled veggies but it lit the fuse on my frustration and anger so I had to let it explode...BOOM!

Away from the family of course.

Sometimes you just have to let the rage out.

The purging of anger is healthy for the soul and keeps us sane.

Keep your cool. Think !
I would say to myself :wtf: are you doing beating up a door.
It never said a word to you, didn't do anything and can't fight back. lol
It's just a door !!
Go get your pole and go fishing :thumbsup:

Sorry I had to. All in good fun.

Yup thats about how it went.

Thanks PBR that made me laugh!
LOL..yup.. that's exactly how I pictured it when you said something LOL.
I'm not even going to say something about you losing your temper that crap happens... Welcome to being human...
I think your next one ought to be one of those screen doors you hang with little magnets down the center...

my releases of choice used to include, but not limited to, 440's, 383's , 727's , A833's, 8 3/4's, 275/60/15's , problem was it got pretty expensive replacing parts and tires

Boy would not listen to me. He kept riding his trike on the road. I threw his trike into the woods. Finally broke down and retrieved his trike and gave it back to him. He threw it into the woods. That kind of put things into perspective for me. That and living for three weeks thinking I was going to die in 6 months from a misdiagnosed condition. Ya. that will do it.

Had a 73 trailduster and the tail lights had an issue that was intermittent. Got so mad that I ripped the door open so hard, it came back and smashed the hell out of me which made me even worse so I smashed the light switch off with my hand. Well the knob broke off and the triangle metal part went into my wrist about an inch or so. To tell you 1 thing, I never, ever, messed with that truck after that physically. I did however proceed to hold the petal to the floor while 4 wheeling many times. After 2 transmissions, and a lot of rust, it was retired to the junkyard.

-
Back