Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Contact seller
Dad acquired these from somewhere lol. Some must be vintage with the logos stamped on them. Ford, Fomoco, Delco Remy. Another few with unknown pieces in PONT-1 paper bag?
Clearing out the shrapnel, trades?

20210226_214438.jpg

20210226_214755.jpg

20210226_214549.jpg

20210226_214733.jpg

20210226_215019.jpg

20210226_215009.jpg

20210226_215250.jpg

Hi Steve, do you see any that could be radio noise suppressors? Radio Coil resistor 2197674

Thanks, any idea what them brass round pieces are for Bill?
You put them in the front bearing caps and the buttons ride in the machining center on the spindles. They were supposed to suppress radio static caused by the tires building up static

Any cap that you can figure out how to bolt onto the coil mount and connect the wire would work for a radio cap. However, they really should be tested. First they may be low on capacitance, which reduces their effectiveness. Second they may be "leaky" which means they draw current, and may short. Last caps that old can be prone to shorting, at any rate.

You need someone to test them. You need a high voltage leakage tester to do them right. Steve I would offer to test them (I have a couple of old heathkit cap bridges) but I'm not sure they are worth the cost of shipping to do all that

hc3a.jpg

Notice the control at top right, "leakage test" and the voltage switch positions. This allows you to test higher voltage rated caps at close to their working voltage

Are you shitting me?
You put them in the front bearing caps and the buttons ride in the machining center on the spindles. They were supposed to suppress radio static caused by the tires building up static

Can you out them to use Del? I have no need and you could put them to use?
Any cap that you can figure out how to bolt onto the coil mount and connect the wire would work for a radio cap. However, they really should be tested. First they may be low on capacitance, which reduces their effectiveness. Second they may be "leaky" which means they draw current, and may short. Last caps that old can be prone to shorting, at any rate.

You need someone to test them. You need a high voltage leakage tester to do them right. Steve I would offer to test them (I have a couple of old heathkit cap bridges) but I'm not sure they are worth the cost of shipping to do all that

View attachment 1715698441

Notice the control at top right, "leakage test" and the voltage switch positions. This allows you to test higher voltage rated caps at close to their working voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back