Love me a thunderstorm!

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Awesome display tonight in So.Cal. We rarely get these so me and my boy were sitting out on the back porch with all the lights out watching the Chargers whoop up on the Raiders (!) on his phone while enjoying the 72F no rain display. Rain came so we moved indoors by a large window and continued to be in wonder of Gods light show. Big flashes, rolling thunder...far away.

Awesome display tonight in So.Cal. We rarely get these so me and my boy were sitting out on the back porch with all the lights out watching the Chargers whoop up on the Raiders (!) on his phone while enjoying the 72F no rain display. Rain came so we moved indoors by a large window and continued to be in wonder of Gods light show. Big flashes, rolling thunder...far away.
:mob: Worthless without pictures.

I do too I love it! Looks like we might have some tomorrow.

internet photo...not real exciting but we had some great strikes from my back porch, high and far a way.
LDN-L-MONSOON-STORMS-1005-4.jpg

It was not far away from me. Right over head.....It was Awesome......

The funny part for me is I know the thunder is coming !
Yet everytime it still rattles me !
Sort of fear but adrenaline at the same time !

i was hauling a christmas tree in the back of my mini truck and my brother in law was following me. We had a strike very close: flash and crack was instant and my brother in law said he saw the tree jump in the back of my truck. Not sure if it was struck but it was super loud, sharp and my windows were up. We have a church member whose son died while motorcycling in the high desert, struck by lightning. What's the chance in that? :-(

oil spill cleanup in Huntington Beach had to be halted due to lightning. Where does a boat have to go on the high seas? Beaches were closes "seek shelter at once"

Pishta, I'm just a couple of miles from your SoCal location and agree 100% about last night's display. AWESOME!
My dog slept right through almost all of the lightning and thunder except for one exceptionally loud thunderclap that sounded like it was directly overhead. He had been in a back bedroom but right after that sounded off he was in front of me looking up at me like, "What was that?"
According to the web there were over 4,000 lightning strikes last night in SoCal.
If you watched Monday Night Football you heard the announcers say the start of the game was delayed 35 minutes because of a "weather delay".
A "weather delay" at a domed stadium? Yep, a nearby lightning strike knocked out power for the overhead scoreboard.
SOFI stadium has a translucent roof but open sides around the upper decks.
When my kids were very young and afraid of both lightning and thunder I told them the lightning was just God taking pictures and the thunder was God bowling.

I love thunder storms, but I hate it when it hails.
A few years ago, I had to have my D.D. fixed because of hail damage.
My hat's off to people that are good at paintless dent repair.
They worked out all of the dents so you can't even tell that it happened, and there were about 80 small dents!
I saw a SUV the other day when I was getting gas that had hail damage so bad that it looked like someone used it for baseball practice.
There was no saving it unless you replaced almost all of the body panels on it, that's how bad it was......

Where does a boat have to go on the high seas

try to pick your weather or outrun it. Most boats are wired up so it travels through the vessel to the water without harming sensitive electronics. Never one thunderstorm out on the Washington coast but all the time in Florida and East Texas. Closest ever was while doing forest inventory on the islands around the eastern part of the UP in a little aluminum rental. I don't know how far the strikes were but I could feel it through my wet clothes.

-
Back