Love Winter ?

-
No that about sums it up
I grew up outside of St. Louis. As a kid, loved the winter. We would play hockey from Thanks Giving to sometimes early March, in the late 60s early 70s. Then as an adult had to work in that crap most my working life. That was a whole different story. Retired at 53 moved down here to Florida in 2011. One or two days of cold
( cooler ) weather is enough for me ! Ok to visit , but don't want to live there anymore.

Here we are talking about winter....my son leaves for work and, then calls a bit later all upset and says he put his car on its side tonight...we got a little snow/ sleet/ freezing rain mix and.....he slid on the road all the way backwards, the wheels caught on the dirt on the edge of the road and dumped it on its side. He is ok...vehicle is not...anybody need Nissan Xterra parts...i got some now...try to make back the $500 tow bill...WTF!!!

Here in S E TEAS we take the OKLAHOMA view of snow, " God put it there and He will take it away". Works for us!

YEAH , BUT IF IT LASTS MORE THAN ONE DAY I`M ALL AGAINST IT ! Like 60 and above , clear up to 105.

Yeah I know it is cold here in Sydney the last few days! Hasn't got over 18c (66f) for the last few days. This time of the year it is normally over 40c (110f) Great beach weather just to perv on those scantily clad beach bunnies we have down here.
My cousin loved Byron Beach.

slap shot... just out skate it!
I think i'm gonna' strap my skates on sometime this winter and
show the kids on the Mill pond what they'll be like when they get old!

It's colder than......

A witches tit in a brass bra on the shady side of an iceberg.

I did winter for almost 20 years. I even chased winter aroumd the globe a few times.
I can appreciate the quiet beauty that is a snow covered meadow or vista. The millions of stars that are to be seen on one of those crisp cold nights and the intricate, symmetrical beauty of that one perfect snowflake that lands on your hand before melting away for ever.
I don't plan on going back, ever...

:)

We got about 6" of the white and wet freeze late yesterday. So I'm good for the season. Lol, Still looking for the palm trees to grow here.:)

Here's the gem I took out for a spin last night ..............

upload_2020-12-30_12-2-1.png

I remember one spring canoe trip for ice out brook trout. It snowed the whole trip in paddling and portaging all day to get to Godda lake in Algonquin Provincial Park....put the tents up in the snow.
I was a lot younger then

I remember one spring canoe trip for ice out brook trout. It snowed the whole trip in paddling and portaging all day to get to Godda lake in Algonquin Provincial Park....put the tents up in the snow.
I was a lot younger then
Is that near Ragged Falls? Never been to Ragged Falls but my son has several times.
Beautiful country up there though.

Is that near Ragged Falls? Never been to Ragged Falls but my son has several times.
Beautiful country up there though.

Not familiar with Ragged Falls
you start at Shall..to Farm..to Crotch..to Kitty...to Booth...to Mcarthy creek ..to Mole and then
over the mountain to Godda. Some extremely difficult and arduous portages between each of these lakes and you had to get over beaver dams in Mcarthy Creek, but there used to be trophy specs at that time in Godda.

Not familiar with Ragged Falls
you start at Shall..to Farm..to Crotch..to Kitty...to Booth...to Mcarthy creek ..to Mole and then
over the mountain to Godda. Some extremely difficult and arduous portages between each of these lakes but there used to be trophy specs at that time.
Sounds like a hike for sure. Not my bag lol

I was always up first.Got a big fire going and made a fresh pot of drip coffee.Then i'd bang the tents and say "Get up you B..*..*s The furnace is on and the coffee's made!
We thought we were having fun but sometimes i wonder "what were we thinking"?

If you moved back you wouldn't be able to mail your friends little boxes of warm weather!

I grew up outside of St. Louis. As a kid, loved the winter. We would play hockey from Thanks Giving to sometimes early March, in the late 60s early 70s. Then as an adult had to work in that crap most my working life. That was a whole different story. Retired at 53 moved down here to Florida in 2011. One or two days of cold
( cooler ) weather is enough for me ! Ok to visit , but don't want to live there anymore.

It ain't really cold til your beer freezes. Ask me how I know! We used to do a long john open golf thing. Shovelled off a green each for a par 3, a par 4 and a par 5 on the titabawassi river. Try not to hit the snowmobilers as they scoot past. PS Don't use white balls. lol

Got that T shirt too.Snowmobiled into a "you guessed it" brook trout lake and our beer was frozen when we got there after getting lost.
Made a big fire and all was well.Got back to my Toyota and ran out of gas about 30 feet from the truck.
Talk about lucky!

Had to build camp in the snow on many Moose hunting trips as well.Believe it or not i miss those trips dearly!

We got about 6" of the white and wet freeze late yesterday. So I'm good for the season. Lol, Still looking for the palm trees to grow here.:)

Here's the gem I took out for a spin last night ..............

View attachment 1715659927
Man, I hate those newer models
As a rule of thumb I avoid any snow thrower that comes with a toothpick to unclog the shute, because clearly, it was designed to clog up

This is what I used today (you can see the heavy wet stuff coming over the drivers side of the blade)

20201230_151811.jpg

20201230_151813.jpg

Yep it does clog when it gets too wet. PAM helps a bit. I finished throwin' just as the freezing rain started so it wasn't an issue.
This is what I used today (you can see the heavy wet stuff coming over the drivers side of the blade)
Lol, That sort of work can build up a sweat if ya' have enough jobs to get to.
Been there, done that, ............way back..............
upload_2020-12-30_17-2-35.png

upload_2020-12-30_17-7-21.png

The 8' or 7-1/2' blade would be a little difficult clearing the yard for the chihuahuas..........
upload_2020-12-30_17-15-42.png

-
Back