low buck project. BB dart...headers?

-

chrisf

Reaction score
hey guys. who is unsing B body headers in their low block A body?

i see BBdart lists hedman ones, just curious what else will fit. i know they are not perfect. just looking for a low buck alternative.

any experiences, recomendations?

thanks tips.

i know tti and hooker both make a header. i was on the BB dart site and saw B body headers fit with some mods and was asking if anything else fit ok other than big money headers.

this is my first low buck car so just wanted to have some low buck fun while i beat it to death.

Hookers with short tires are the best low buck approach.

I have a set that need some repair I'd cut loose for about $150+ shipping. One tube needs a splice right at the bottom collector bend and the collector reattached.

If I fix them it's going to be in the $250-300 range.

The headmans fit ok with a cpl dings we just did a set for a friend, just takes some paitence as we have an empty block with bare heads and an empty 727 case we bolt together because we have to install it a few times with the headers to see where its hitting(we've done this a few times is why we have the empty engine/tranny for doing this it's lighter and easier to manage). Just no power steering when you go this route even with a b.b. in the abody manual steering isnt a big deal at all.
Good luck,
Jr.

im doing this on a low buck option as well ive got a set of old headman headers from my bb e body to do the 383 swap on my 76

Here's some pics of the Headman's in a scamp

IMGP0784.jpg

IMGP0782.jpg

IMGP1044.jpg

IMGP0888.jpg

IMGP0788.jpg

IMGP0787.jpg

Expect to pull the engine 9-10 times to get the dings right.
Marv

I was looking at those pics and was like "damn that looks like the scamp when we were fitting the headers" duh too much going on it is our scamp lol.Nice fox body mustang exhaust system in your avatar dad LOL :thebirdm:
Jr.

Well gearjammer340,
I can't really talk about the 9.50 mustang on this site,so I thought I would just use the stock exhaust off the car as my avatar and see if anybody would catch it.

My 9.50 Dart
68dartpic.jpg

All I remember was that I went by you so fast at the stripe that I couldn't tell who got there first.
I do remember my win light coming on rather quickly.

And the win light.
IMGP0823.jpg

Could this be why you red light.
If you look at the left side of the bumper you can see the win light.

I think I won again
IMGP0817.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with the hedman b-body headers in an a-body with a 440?

I've heard many people using them on their 383 with different results. I've heard things from people saying they just had to ding them up a bit to make them fit all the way to people having to completely cut them up and re-weld them to make them fit.

But like I said, most of these people were using them on a 383, would a 440 be even harder to make them fit?

I've heard it's a no go with an RB, but with a cut and splice approach maybe.

-
Back