Lower Front Shock Bolts

-

Muscle72

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows the size and length of the bolts for a 1967 Barracuda Front Lower Shock bolts. I am putting new front shocks on the wife's car and noticed someone has put what looks to be all-thread in both lower shocks mounts. Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone knows the size and length of the bolts for a 1967 Barracuda Front Lower Shock bolts. I am putting new front shocks on the wife's car and noticed someone has put what looks to be all-thread in both lower shocks mounts. Thanks!
Here is one from a 63 Valiant. They are probably all around the same length. Any hardware store should have
a grade 5 or grade 8 bolt that will work.

DSCN0511.JPG

3/8ths-16 x 2 1/2" or 2 3/4"with a 1 1/2" shank grade 8 , with lockwasher and nut or just a nylok nut . Do NOT overtighten .

3/8ths-16 x 2 1/2" or 2 3/4"with a 1 1/2" shank grade 8 , with lockwasher and nut or just a nylok nut . Do NOT overtighten .

Wrong.
You are passing along incorrect information.
They are 7/16 x 14 x 2 1/4 inch length.
Been rebuilding suspension parts for the past 12 years for resale, and i have a box full of shock absorber bolts to the lower control arm.

FYI
If you don't already know this, bolt length is measured from under the head of the bolt.

Shock Absorber Bolts 001 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Wrong.
You are passing along incorrect information.
They are 7/16 x 14 x 2 1/4 inch length.
Been rebuilding suspension parts for the past 12 years for resale, and i have a box full of shock absorber bolts to the lower control arm.

View attachment 1715246860
Thanks everyone for your reply's! From what I am seeing here then it looks like they are the same bolt that my 72 E-body lower shock bolt is then. Surprising that Mopar actually used the same size bolt on more then one vehicle, that's why I asked for help here. Thanks again!

Thanks everyone for your reply's! From what I am seeing here then it looks like they are the same bolt that my 72 E-body lower shock bolt is then. Surprising that Mopar actually used the same size bolt on more then one vehicle, that's why I asked for help here. Thanks again!
Those shock absorber bolts haven't changed on the A, B, E, body line of cars from 1962 to 1976 that i am aware of, when Ma Mopar went to this type of lower control arm front suspension.

Those shock absorber bolts haven't changed on the A, B, E, body line of cars from 1962 to 1976 that i am aware of, when Ma Mopar went to this type of lower control arm front suspension.
Thanks Hemi71x!

Yeah mine were just stock aftermarket shocks. Factory dimensions I believe.
Sorry I'm not much help.
Thanks! Forgot to note I'm using QA1 shocks, the bushing width is 1/4" narrower than the ones that came off the car, also the bushings are bigger in diamater which make the washers I have too big!

View attachment 1715657227

who has 2 bolts for front shocks bolts 7/16x14x2 1/4 with 1 1/2 shoulder i can get . Cant buy at hardware store

The comment on using a lock washer here is not ideal IMO. Use a typical nylon style lock nut or ideally an all metal "stover" lock nut with a grade 8 bolt. NF or NC by itself is again IMO not critical here as long as threads are not part of the shear loads.
I have been amazed how the local Ace Hardware has stepped up their fastener selection in recent past years, likely to stove off, pun intended, encroachment by a big box like Home Depot.

Last edited:
-
Back