Lower radiator hose - who is using what?

-

Uhcoog1

Reaction score
I just measured the diameters on the water pump necks:

Actual measurements, using digital calipers:
top neck lip: 1.85"
top neck behind lip: 1.75"
bottom neck lip: 1.76"
bottom neck behind lip: 1.65" (42mm? or 1 5/8"?)

Not real sure what the right move is for what size lower hose to run. Those with running cars - what lower radiator hose are ya'll using?

I ordered a 1 3/4 to 1 1/2 adapter last week. It's not here yet. I'll report back when it gets in.

I was fighting the same battle went through all the hoses in my store found a couple that would fit but all looked jacked up.
I took my radiator to the local radiator shop they changed the lower hose opening size and had a repair done to the top tank and it only cost $50.00 and one day. Now I am back to the regular old hose size.

I'm contemplating having someone pipe weld me some copper pipe together in place of my upper and lower radiator hoses.

Thanks for the effort fellas!

I just left Autozone, and then did a little looking online to see what options there are. I just ordered an upper hose for a 2006 dodge charger 5.7, and a lower hose for a 2008 jeep grand cherokee srt8 from Rock Auto. I'll let ya'll know when they get in and how they fit.

Upper radiator hose for passenger side neck:
Dayco C72282 - ID of 1.44 and 1.72 (for a 2006 Dodge Charger 5.7 hemi)
Gates 22940 - ID of 1.44 and 1.75

Lower radiator hose for passenger side neck:
Dayco E72225 - ID of 1.59 and 1.78 (for a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 )
Gates 23036: 20.6" length, 1.63" ID, 1.75" ID

Upper radiator hose for drivers side neck:
?? - Jeep SRT8 upper radiator hose - appears to be 1.5" radiator neck, 1.75" water pump neck
Goodyear 62968

Lower radiator hose for drivers side neck:
Dayco E72281 - 1.44 & 1.66 ID (I measured this one in the store- the water pump side was ~1.5" I think, and the radiator side was smaller) - this is for a 5.7 dodge charger
*I think a SRT8 lower radiator hose would have a larger hose ID for the radiator side. I don't know, as autozone and Rock Auto both do not have hoses for the SRT8 cars, period. Looks like you'll have to go to the dealer.

I was looking at using the upper srt 8 jeep hose as my upper inlet on the rad is on drivers side. For the lower hose I had my lower 340 hose on as the outlet on the rad is on pass side. Both would need trimming but I think it would work. I am now looking at a custom setup so I am thinking of using rubber braided and an fittings.

Trevor

i used 2 different uppers and 2 different lowers. cut em in half and used radiator hose couplers from speedway motors. works fine for me.

IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_2918.jpg

Looks like there is enough "give" in the hoses, so I dont think that will be a problem, but a torque strap could be used if somebody is worried about it.

im sorry, i wasnt paying attention. this is for new hemi swaps. lol.

i guess you could still use the idea...

Here is what I used, Goodyear 60817 1 1/2" on one end, 1 3/4" on the other. Some trimming is necessary, but fits good.

Attachments

• 71JSuEfqWnL._SL1500_.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 839
-
Back