-
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgiedra

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking to buy the lower trunk trim piece that runs along the bottom of the trunk lid (the piece under the trunk lock) for a 1968 Barracuda fastback. Looking for piece that is in good shape (smaller nicks and scratches are ok but not all bent up). My car is in good running shape but the paint is 20 years old and not perfect. Really do not want to spend the money to buy the repro's since they might become the most expensive part on my car and look a little out of place.

bgiedra, what you seek is something we call "un-obtainium." They're extremely hard to find in ANY condition ... whether you go repro or original, that little piece of trim will become one of the most expensive parts on your car anyway. Start saving now and by the time one rolls around for you, you'll be ready.

I'm not trying to upset you, just prepare you. :-D I've had my '68 Fastback for almost 19 years but it's had restored trunk trim only for the last year and a half.

what you seek is something we call "un-obtainium."
I am SO stealing that!!! LMAO

I'll ask my bro if he has one he'd be willing to part with. I know he just cut up a 68 fb cause after he pulled what was savable off the car, the rest was too rotten to save. No guarantees though! Just have to wait til he wakes up.

i have a decent lower trim.
pm me

I accidentally deleted you message,just now figured how to bring it back up.
do you still have the lower trim?
would like to see pics, and how much?------------thanks,not so famous bob

my name is george and im desparet need of the lower trim of my 1968 berracuda (coupe) is any one selling one
I got 2(one on the car) neither one perfect,far from it. but have straightened them both the best I can. a guy here says he can make them new for a $150 apiece. thinking about having him do one and see.
will let u guys know when I get around to it.----bob:banghead:

bgiedra, what you seek is something we call "un-obtainium." They're extremely hard to find in ANY condition ... whether you go repro or original, that little piece of trim will become one of the most expensive parts on your car anyway. Start saving now and by the time one rolls around for you, you'll be ready.

I'm not trying to upset you, just prepare you. :-D I've had my '68 Fastback for almost 19 years but it's had restored trunk trim only for the last year and a half.

She tells no lie, that's for sure !!!Paid about $400ish for some FAIRLY decent ones. Got them at a Chrome shop near me,and it's going to cost about the same maybe slightly more to have just the chrome done. Then I've got to paint the Argent Siler on, then the Black accent line !!! Mo money, Mo money Mo money !!! Good luck on your hunt !!

The guy that painted my cuda found a piece off of a refridgrtator that looked a lot like the lower trim and riveted it on... Had no idea so many people were looking for this part. Did these just fall off when you hit a pot hole or what?

The guy that painted my cuda found a piece off of a refridgrtator that looked a lot like the lower trim and riveted it on... Had no idea so many people were looking for this part. Did these just fall off when you hit a pot hole or what?

They are made of thin aluminum that got damaged very easily, especially the part under the trunk lock that gets mangled by bashing your keys into them when opening the trunk.

Riveted???????????? Oh my ...

Edit: Just an afterthought here but I'd love to see a picture of that.

Hi all,

I just found this old thread and wondering how the mounting clips for the lower trim should look like?? I own the moldings (upper and lower - thx Fabo!) but only the clips for the upper one twice. So if anyone got a pic or something or a clue for making them out of the upper ones, please let me know)

This molding is the last thing thing hat´s missing on my ´68 Barracuda..

Thx a lot, Gerald

Brand NEW stainless steel reproduction 68 Cuda trunk moldings are also in stock and ready to ship.

They are not flimsy pieces that'll dent if you look at them wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back