Lowering Kit '66 Barracuda 7 1/4 rear

-

Rustyfish

Reaction score
Looking for a 2" rear lowering kit. Just called Year One and they said their u bolts are 3" spread. My 7 1/4 tube is only 2 1/2" diameter. Who has the right kit? Part # if you have would be great or links even better.

Thanks

You can flip your spring hangers with a little effort (relocate holes) for nothing it will
lower the car about 1.5 inches with no hokey lower blocks

You can flip your spring hangers with a little effort (relocate holes) for nothing it will
lower the car about 1.5 inches with no hokey lower blocks
Do you mean flip them end for end or reinstall upside down?

The tough part is getting the springs seperated from the brackets.
I never paid attention, but from what i recall they should not need modification.

The tough part is getting the springs seperated from the brackets.
I never paid attention, but from what i recall they should not need modification.
Shouldn't be a problem, I already changed out everything for new springs, just don't like the new rake.

I've seen home-mades;
2x2, 1/4 wall drill a couple of holes. Good opportunity to slide the axle back and center it in the opening to run bigger than 28s. Oh wait, will 28s fit in that 66? lol. maybe not.

But I agree 66 Barracudas don't look right with the rears too high, sorta like a 66 Impala, whoa...

I've seen home-mades;
2x2, 1/4 wall drill a couple of holes. Good opportunity to slide the axle back and center it in the opening to run bigger than 28s. Oh wait, will 28s fit in that 66? lol. maybe not.

But I agree 66 Barracudas don't look right with the rears too high, sorta like a 66 Impala, whoa...
Exactly! It was so low with the old springs I went too far the other way. Now it's wearing floods.

We offer new spring hangers that have 2 set of holes one set for stock ride height and the other for 1.5" lower:

Leaf Spring Hangers

Thank
James From
PST

-
Back