Lucas Oil seal up front tranny seal...

-
Yes, to an extent. It isn't magic though. A bad leak really needs replacement. Just pour in a bottle and see. It won't make it worse and it is only a few dollars so what do you have to lose ?

Anybody have luck sealing a leaking front seal using Lucas tranny additive?

The main problem with products like that is that they affect all the rubber parts in the trans and not just the leaking seal.
Then when the effects of that stuff stops working all the rubber that got softened by it hardens up faster than it would have.

Then there is also the part where it could be a crack in the converter pump drive snout or the weld around it and the trans life gets shortened by the additive for no reason and you still have a leak.

Not saying don't try it, just an FYI in case you didn't know the risks.

Have used atp AT-205 with mixed success. As mentioned it wont fix something that needs mechanical attention.

Anybody have luck sealing a leaking front seal using Lucas tranny additive?
I don` think it will work, have to see it to believe it. We had more than one leak, running B-M convertors. Many times the bushing would have to be replaced too.

Glad u got it cased. 1 of my friends uses stomp oil treatment and has good luck with it. I never have tried it though. Kim

Just a footnote to this thread. Most additives that say they will "Stop Leaks" should be called "seal swellers". As Trailbeast mentioned they will affect all the rubber components in the transmission and not just the leaking seal. In my much younger days, I worked weekends at, how shall I say, a less than honest used car lot. We never had a leaking engine, transmission or rear end. After a session with the old steam jenny, brake fluid was added to the oil(s) and voila, no leaks at least while on our lot.
Sniff some of those stop leak products and you can smell the brake fluid in them.

The proper level for a Torque-Flite trans is 1 pint low. Running in neutral, level surface, operating temp.

-
Back