M/C bore size?

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
71 Duster, manual brakes, disc front and rear, 7/8 bore yes or no ? thanks:thankyou:

Are you asking what it has? Or what would be best? OEM MC was either 15/16 for power disks, or 1-1/32 for manual disks.

Are you asking what it has? Or what would be best? OEM MC was either 15/16 for power disks, or 1-1/32 for manual disks.
what would be best for this application,im leaning toward 7/8 thanks for any input disc front and rear and manual brake

7/8 should be good. Larger bore would have higher pedal pressure; the 1-1/32, for example, is a brute. The reason the power disks had a smaller bore than the manual was they had different mechanical leverage.

7/8 should be good. Larger bore would have higher pedal pressure; the 1-1/32, for example, is a brute. The reason the power disks had a smaller bore than the manual was they had different mechanical leverage.
thanks for the reply:thumbsup:

The 7/8 mc may not supply enough fluid volume for all types and sizes of front calipers.

I have it on the factory KH 4-piston stoppers WITH a booster, and it works just fine.It is very easy to modulate the pedal; I really like the feel.

15/16 is just right for factory brakes, is very modulate-able, and has a nice feel to it.I might have a little more travel than you are used to, but that is the trade-off for modulation control. I like it a lot
the feel is a very good match to a diaphragm clutch.

Last edited:
15/16 is just right for factory brakes, is very modulate-able, and has a nice feel to it.I might have a little more travel than you are used to, but that is the trade-off for modulation control.
the feel is a very good match to a diaphragm clutch.
Ok thanks AJ I guess I will go ahead and order it. Going with the dorman m80266.

-
Back