Made a couple knobs!

-

mtldart

74 dart sedan
Reaction score
i don't really post here very much so not really sure where to stick this.
my car is in a barn an hour away from my house for the winter so I don't get to fiddle around with anything on it so all of my attention goes to my motorcycles in the winter. they are much easier (cheaper) to store in the city and I've got a little corner in a shared shop with some buds. I picked up this old atlas lathe for a song in November and i cleaned it up and got it functional. I made a few choke knobs between then and now so i figured I'd show em off here. pretty proud of them. I have no formal training on a lathe, or a welder or anything really (im a social worker) but I am always using my hands and making things and working on stuff.
IMG_20191222_121533.jpg
IMG_20191222_133504.jpg
IMG_20200125_120028.jpg
IMG_20200126_163428.jpg
IMG_20200126_163444.jpg

sorry this is pretty picture heavy i guess.

Nice job! What's the bike?
Were you sober when you got the tattoo? (had to hurt like hell?)
That's a first for me lol.

Nice job! What's the bike?
Were you sober when you got the tattoo? (had to hurt like hell?)
That's a first for me lol.
It's a 2004 sportster. Got it last winter bone stock to replace the one I had before that was totalled by someone making a left turn in front of me. Spent the winter making it mine. I did everything on the bike myself, bars, pipes, seat, paint, etc... Since the picture I've converted it to chain drive and a couple other little small details.
As for the tattoo, never not been sober, it hurt like hell but it was quick. In that session I did my palm on my left hand and armpit on my right arm. Sleep was very uncomfortable for a week after. I will say as far as most pain ribs take the cake and I've got all the painful spots checked off.

IMG_8104.JPG

Carbureted rubber mount sportster.
Interesting.

You said "knob".... :D

What's the definition of pain???

Sliding down a 50 foot razor blade into a vat of rubbing alcohol using your knob as a hand brake.... :eek:

Nice work! Armpit too? Lord almighty!!
It's a 2004 sportster. Got it last winter bone stock to replace the one I had before that was totalled by someone making a left turn in front of me. Spent the winter making it mine. I did everything on the bike myself, bars, pipes, seat, paint, etc... Since the picture I've converted it to chain drive and a couple other little small details.
As for the tattoo, never not been sober, it hurt like hell but it was quick. In that session I did my palm on my left hand and armpit on my right arm. Sleep was very uncomfortable for a week after. I will say as far as most pain ribs take the cake and I've got all the painful spots checked off.

View attachment 1715460760

-
Back