Magnaflow

-

68ValiantEffort

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting some new mufflers and i was wondering if anybody has tried any from magnaflow? I dont know anyone around here with them nor have i looked at their prices which i guess i'll go to their site right now. But i just wanted to know if anyone has any input on it. Thanks.--Brett

68ValiantEffort said:
I was thinking about getting some new mufflers and i was wondering if anybody has tried any from magnaflow? I dont know anyone around here with them nor have i looked at their prices which i guess i'll go to their site right now. But i just wanted to know if anyone has any input on it. Thanks.--Brett

I've got one of their high-flow catalytic converters (marketed under the "Car Sound" brand) on my truck. It made a huge difference in the sound and performance of the truck. Simple to install, too.

There between $65 and $120ea. depending on if they are stainless or aluminized

Probablt no to much differant. You have the welded ones right ? I cant see there be a lot of differance in a straight threw muffler.

actualy there is a big diference in straight thrue silncer called quality! apple racing silencer where realy good then they changed manufacturer because someone sold the name and now they are just crap, so quality in material and manufacturing are everything!

68ValiantEffort said:

Magnaflow Aluminized mufflers fail quickly, We used them on some of our VW wxhaust and they sounded great for about a month tops and then the packing would blow out and they would sound terrible, now the stainless mufflers seemed to last a long time on our land rover exhausts we made they (magnaflow) were easy to deal with but we delt with them alot. the oval 2.25" carsound cats seemed to fail quite frequetnly. IMHO I would prefer a borla muffler or a dynomax for that matter over a magnaflow

Also the difference can be quite large in a straight thru muller if it has a perforated core (good) or a "Scalloped" core (bad)

-
Back