Magnum 318 questions.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
What is the little hose called that goes from the water pump to the intake?

New heads on the way and ready to order all the stuff to put pops truck back on the road.

I plan on doing

New cap and rotor.
Plug wires
Head gaskets
Intake gaskets.
Throttle body gasket
Thermostat and gasket

What am I missing?

Injector O rings?

Also this is a very budget project so let's keep that in mind.

I dont want to do this over and want to make sure I replace all the stuff that will be buried after assembling.

New heads on the way and ready to order all the stuff to put pops truck back on the road.

I plan on doing

New cap and rotor.
Plug wires
Head gaskets
Intake gaskets.
Throttle body gasket
Thermostat and gasket

What am I missing?

Injector O rings?

I dont want to do this over and want to make sure I replace all the stuff that will be buried after assembling.

Bypass hose.

I plan on doing

New cap and rotor.
Plug wires
Head gaskets
Intake gaskets.
Throttle body gasket
Thermostat and gasket

What am I missing?

Injector O rings?

Careful that could get you a nickname...
LOL:poke::D

So now that we got that sorted out, any parts or gaskets I'm over looking?

Both front and both rear intake manifold bolts usually corrode badly. Sometimes they break during removal. I usually replace those bolts with a new set from Felpro, or at the very least get four from the junk yard, but remove them from center positions on the donor engine.
I think they are said to be torque-to-yield anyway. It works fine with grade five hardware if those are cheaper.
When you put it back together, keep cylinders number five and seven spark plug wires away from each other in the looms to prevent crossfiring.

Look into replacing the whole plenum plate. They warp and don't seal, blowing gasket out. Very common problem on the mag's. Hughes Engines sells a kit for this. I've used it many times, works great.

Both front and both rear intake manifold bolts usually corrode badly. Sometimes they break during removal. I usually replace those bolts with a new set from Felpro, or at the very least get four from the junk yard, but remove them from center positions on the donor engine.
I think they are said to be torque-to-yield anyway. It works fine with grade five hardware if those are cheaper.
When you put it back together, keep cylinders number five and seven spark plug wires away from each other in the looms to prevent crossfiring.

Just getting those out of the heads can be a frustrating ordeal.................

Buy the Dorman plenum kit , i got mine from napa. It has new bolts already coated with loctite, intake gaskets, plenum gasket, o ring, t body gasket, bypass hose, thermostat n gasket etc... 49 bucks

I plan on doing

New cap and rotor.
Plug wires
Head gaskets
Intake gaskets.
Throttle body gasket
Thermostat and gasket

What am I missing?

Injector O rings?

If your going to replace the O rings use brake fluid cleaner instead of the usual carb cleaner. Those o rings will swell up like a donut with the carb cleaner. Ask me how I know!
Also, blast the IAC with some cleaner

-
Back