Magnum 5.9 valve spring options

-
Do you have room to stuff that on there? Have you preped the heads to accept something like this?

100_2469.JPG
100_3673.JPG

View attachment 1715806105

Last edited:
Is your camshaft some kinda secret? It'll help tremendously if we know the specs. Help us help you.
Sorry should have thought to post cam specs.

210/214 @ .050”, 260/264 adv, .506”/.506” lift, 111 sep., 900/5200

Hughes gets there springs from PAC.
Search elsewhere for your be sake spring.
Check specs on the spring and match it up.

I'm looking for a cheaper option than the Hughes valve spring kit. I stumbled across these in an old thread here. Will these work on stock magnum heads with factory retainers?

Manley 22410-16 Manley Professional Valve Springs | Summit Racing
Did you get anywhere with this? I am also looking for a cheaper option...aren't we all, lol.
In my search I saw MagnumMopar said he sold the same set for $50 less but, I don't believe he is doing business any longer
If it matters my cam is 220/230 @.05 496/513 112LSA

Didnt comp make a drop in?
Hughes?

Otherwise cut the pocket for a more common spring.
130/300 sounds like enough to me. Jmo

Didnt comp make a drop in?
Hughes?

Otherwise cut the pocket for a more common spring.
130/300 sounds like enough to me. Jmo
Yes, I believe that Comp is making the Hughes package.
I am also considering the Pac 1286-16's
Huges makes a drop in. I have not got to installing mine yet.
Sorry, I just re read my post...I was referring to the Hughes set when I said MagnumMopar mentioned selling the same kit for 50 dollars less...I wish he was around to at least relay the info on where to get them if not get them from him.

Yes, I believe that Comp is making the Hughes package.
I am also considering the Pac 1286-16's

Sorry, I just re read my post...I was referring to the Hughes set when I said MagnumMopar mentioned selling the same kit for 50 dollars less...I wish he was around to at least relay the info on where to get them if not get them from him.
MagnumMopar's departure from the scene was a big big hit to those of us running factory Magnum EFI in our cars. So much knowledge, so many good product offerings, all vanished.

EDIT: I just thought to look him up and I see he's been posting again, it's good to see he's back.

Last edited:
-
Back