-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1969DartCustom

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey there, looking for a 5.2 Magnum carb Intake.
I’m planning on keeping the serpentine belt system. I’m located in San Jose CA
I can do Paypal as well if that works.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Don't think that one will work with the serpentine belt setup. He needs the one with the straight bypass fitting. I could be wrong, just what I understood.

Edit - not saying the defining factor in the belt setup working is the bypass hose fitting, only a way to identify an intake that would work. The big deal is the thermostat location, and centered like that interferes with at least the AC compressor. Maybe it works with an alt only setup?

Search for the thread on putting a serpentine belt setup on a Speedmaster intake.

Don't think that one will work with the serpentine belt setup. He needs the one with the straight bypass fitting. I could be wrong, just what I understood.

Edit - not saying the defining factor in the belt setup working is the bypass hose fitting, only a way to identify an intake that would work. The big deal is the thermostat location, and centered like that interferes with at least the AC compressor. Maybe it works with an alt only setup?

Search for the thread on putting a serpentine belt setup on a Speedmaster intake.

Thanks for catching that. I am new to Magnums and have been trying to soak everything in. This will be going into my 69 Dart.

I am guessing I have to find an edelbrock airgap intake to keep the serpentine belt system?

Thanks for catching that. I am new to Magnums and have been trying to soak everything in. This will be going into my 69 Dart.

I am guessing I have to find an edelbrock airgap intake to keep the serpentine belt system?

I think it depends on what you are planning to run. Went back to some of those threads and it appears the linked manifold above would work if you don't plan to run AC?

For certain an Edelbrock Air Gap Magunm 7577 would work in all cases.

You can look for an MP M1 intake with the right setup, too. Unfortunately, they sold them in a couple of different setups and it isn't enough to just say "M1". Even the part number stayed the same while the thermostat moved around. Pretty sure they had both a dual and single plane intake that worked.

Here is one that would work for you if you can find one like it.

p7180678-jpg.jpg

If you wanted to read up on the options, here is a thread to get you started:

Pics needed. Speedmaster intake.

Another way to get around using that LA style thermostat housing on a magnum intake with serpentine belt and AC is to find a 5.2 (318 LA) Dakota from 1991 and rob the bracket setup from the front. First year for serpentine belt, still an LA engine so it’s special, bolts to a magnum. It’s one year only though, not that easy to find.

This would allow you to use a cheap intake manifold setup, like the dual bolt pattern ones sold on eBay.

The intake that was posted seems to have been spoken for and has a sale pending. Anyone have one available? Or maybe a used air gap.

I’m avoiding the knock off eBay air gaps due to quality issues I’ve heard of.

I have the one I sold a month ago again, it was returned due to the possibility that the ports are low and don't align with the cylinder head ports. I am currently putting a 5.9 together so I can test the alignment myself and then plan to list it again. It's the one I posted a picture of above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back