-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
pretty neat and simple set up.

stock MP dist...

distadapter2.jpg

distadapter3.jpg

heres the kit.

there are two sizes for the rotor spacer. the mp dist uses the smaller diameter one. a stock mopar one would use the larger diameter one.

distadapter4.jpg

now i just need to find tme to pull the dist apart and check the curve, install the wiring harness and put the new ign system in the damn car.

Magnum caps attach with screws rather than clips making them more secure.

Magnum caps are made from more modern materials making them less likely to crack, chip or carbon track.

Magnum caps have male, spark plug type wire terminals. The plug wires "snap" in place making them more secure and less likely to corrode.

The big three (GM, Ford and Chrysler) all converted to this type of cap (HEI, Duraspark and Magnum) for the above reasons.

plus i already have the hei style ends on my wires and this will save me from buying new wires when the msd comes out of the car and the stock style ign goes in.

How does the adapter ring attach?
Nice kit.

who sells these kits and do you think it would work on a point distr. converted to electronic

If you want one you better hurry up. Robb sent me a message and they had 5 left. I bought two of them so there are a max of 3 units left...

lol.. glad you got yours. got my second one today.

He's got to have one or none left based on the orders that I know of.

Thanks for speeding up the purchase process. I'll have to kick you later unless you can loan me some money the end of November instead of December... LOL

Maybe he should reconsider discontinuing them and start posting here instead of Moparts.

He's got to have one or none left based on the orders that I know of.

Thanks for speeding up the purchase process. I'll have to kick you later unless you can loan me some money the end of November instead of December... LOL

sorry man. lol. did you use the moparts link? he will send you a check for $16 if your a member there so it only cost $16 plus shipping instead of $30 plus shipping.

Maybe he should reconsider discontinuing them and start posting here instead of Moparts.

i agree. says they don't move fast enough to have a batch made and stock them. well hell everyone i talk to didn't even know he made the damn things. maybe if he advertised them on a few boards he would sell more.

since he isn't gonna sell them anymore i may talk to a machinist buddy of mine and see what it would cost to make a batch.

sorry man. lol. did you use the moparts link? he will send you a check for $16 if your a member there so it only cost $16 plus shipping instead of $30 plus shipping.

I sent him an e-mail and supposed to get the rebate on each set up. Shipping was a bit high IMHO, but, OK.

so i finally got around to putting it on the car. what the hell its only been 2 1/2 years...lol. fits very nice. someone asked a long tim ago if the new cap would fit under the wiper motor. well i can say it does with a lot more room then the msd did..

DSCN6267.jpg

DSCN6268.jpg

DSCN6272.jpg

-
Back