Magnum Head Bang for the buck?

-

Haney

www.carsonandironmt.com
Reaction score
What is the best bang for the buck in a pair of bolt on magnum heads for a J.Y. motor with a carb and mild cam upgrade?

Also where is the best place to buy them? Any FABO memebers sell heads?

Thanks

Oh man,a fire fest shall ensue. The purest easiest way Sent 0u812 a p.m... Gets 270 @ .550 ish. I have other suggestions... Let,everyone talk.

IF the castings are good you can use the stock ones. If they have a ton of miles, they are likely cracked between the seats.

Done one port.Took three hours,money ahead. If you want more than 230@.500 ,with reliability. Buy new heads.I have pictures, and proof.

My porting here, check out Nor Cal mopars,for pics. Not my best work.Gives you a basic beginner idea.(A lot of work!).

I have a Junk Yard 98 model 360 Magnum. My plan is to upgrade the cam to a Scott Brown custom grind that is around 226/240@ .050 and about .535 lift, Edelbrock RPM intake, 750 Quick Fuel DP, MP electronic Ignition, Headers, 2.5 " exhaust, 3.91 gears, 4-speed, 26.6" tall tires. Street trim 69 Barracuda notch.

I was jus thinking that if I can get a good set of heads that will increase my performance on this motor for a good value, I might try to up grade them while I am at it. Just trying to see what my options are...

This will be a street car with very minimal track runs. Probably will never see any slicks.

Thanks for all the help.

Seen that can run mid 11's ,stock Magnum heads. That's a good grind. The Cadillac of heads,is OU812,RHS heads.Top notch work. The more economical way,EQ heads,done by a repilutable guy. RAMM is the go to guy. Myself(If I had the coin).,OU812.

-
Back